Newest Upsolute Distributor is a GASSER!

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
I have accepted a position as the Upsolute distributor for the Northeast U.S. (NY,PA,NJ,VT,NH,ME,MA,CT,RI). Anyway, this should be a good thing for anyone in the Northeast who is looking to get, or owns an Upsolute chip since I can provide local service. I am about 2 hours from Boston, Hartford, Burlington,VT, and Albany,NY and 3 hours from Portland,ME and 3.5 hours from NYC. I am hoping to meet lots more of you at events like GTG's and Waterfest (I will be a vendor this year)!

BTW, my car may run on petrol, but I have a bit of diesel in my DNA. My father has owned an '80 Dasher, '80 Audi 5000S, multiple Rabbits, and a Ford Econoline, all oil-burners.

So, if any of you guys need plug wires, distributor points, etc. for your TDI's, you know where to get 'em.

valois

Banned
Jeff, perhaps it belongs in the for sale section, and you belong on the Vortex.

Welcome aboard, Wolfsburg!

S

SkyPup

JeffT, what sparkplug gap do you use in your diesels?

Welcome to the dark side wolfburg_de

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
wolfsburg_de:

Welcome! .... Hope you have an Upsolutely marvelous time! As for JeffT, his Chip will need a special program - one that is long on "sparkplug gap" because of extraordinary headspace!

DONALD

You said you would be at Waterfest. Will you be chipping any cars there. My only day off is Sunday and couldn't make VT and the gathering in the NY area was changed to Sat.
Don

wolfsburg_de

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
DONALD,

Yes, I will be chipping cars at Waterfest, as well as selling my various Upsolute and PX swag.

BTW, I have created a webpage for my business. I would appreciate any and all suggestions and/or constructive criticism.

http://andy.smith.net/upsolute

wolfsburg_de

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
My newest mod:

My landlord was trying out a new camera so he took a pic of me and one of my car when I was working on the downpipe (note the wrapped up hand). So, anyway, that is me in pseudo VW tech garb.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
I think that is called "Forced induction"...

LOL
DB

DONALD

Thanks. I'll be there Sat evening and Sunday. Do I need to make an appt. or just show up? Do you need any info on my car and what will be the costs?
Don

wolfsburg_de

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
DONALD,

Just show up at the booth. The price will be $250. What year and model do you have?

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: wolfsburg_de ]

DONALD

My car is a 2000 Beetle TDI.
I'll drop by Sun. Shouldn't take more than an hour I presume.
By the way I read some info about the regular chip and a low smoke version. Is this true?
Don

wolfsburg_de

TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
DONALD,

There is a low-smoke version, but I believe only one or two people have chosen it. FWIW, I drove around in a chipped 2001 Jetta TDI, trying to get it to smoke (flooring the throttle in higher gears at low RPM) and had a tough time. A 98 Jetta TDI that I chipped smoked a little easier, but only when trying to get it to smoke.

Torque!

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MK4 Jetta TDI - 196K
Congrats!

As far as chipping goes I am an eager customer but you should talk to Rene. He is researching my ecu which he had never seen before.
I am just a couple miles north of Boston.

valois

Banned
Torque, Ali reported that your ECU was a replacement that they sometimes use, and not a regular variation, I can do an EXchange on your ECU with the normal one, you will require a vag-com to immobilize the new ECU, I can keep yours as a spare stock unit. If you would like to get up with Andrew to have him immobilize it , we can arrange it.