Newbie needs help setting price to sell 2015 Jetta

kimmie38

TDI
Jetta
Be kind, OK guys? I need some advice. I got divorced a couple years ago and moved to Florida. I have been driving TDI's since the early 2000's, and back in Indiana ex-husband had a friend that did all the maintenance on ours. I know they require specialized, knowledgeable mechanics and I am justing finding it difficult to know what to do when a repair issue comes up so I am gonna sell it and get a car I know my local mechanic can handle easily.

So, here are the details. I bought it used 2.5 years ago from the dealership and have put about 20k miles on it. It has always been to the dealership for oil changes, except for the most recent one a couple months ago, where I got on this website and lurked around until I found out about IDParts.com. I ordered the 40K service kit and had a local mechanic, Roberts Automotive, do the oil change, all the filters, and the DSG fluid change. They did a great job, and I bought new tires from them at that time. I just recently had an issue with the speed sensor, and they fixed that too. I trust the shop, but it took them forever and they had it 3 weeks to do that repair. They are just really popular and were backed up I guess, and I think they aren't very familiar with TDI's. So, the car is mechanically in great shape and has been taken care of, but if something major comes up I am not sure I would take it to them, because they don't know TDI's. Jetta has an almost perfect exterior. It is red, and up until a week ago had no dings. I was in the garage and moving around some stuff and something bumped into it and I dinged it on the drivers back near the window. Really small, no broken paint, but it is there. Jetta is red with leatherette charcoal grey, and the interior is in great shape. When I bought it from the dealership it had tinted windows. They seemed to me to be a little darker than what would be factory, so they may have been after market. It was OK in Indiana but looks really amazing in sunny Florida.

I am hoping someone can tell me what the car is worth. I would just trade it in and get another car, but I am sure I will do better selling outright. I have the title and am ready to roll, but I don't know how to price it. I also don't know how to tell whether it is the TDI 2.0, the TDI 2.0 SE, or the TDI 2.0 SEL. I entered in the info into Carmax and it says trade in to them is 11,800. I am not sure if that is similar to KBB, but I think it might be a little higher than standard trade in at a stealership. So, would I be right to start around 13K for private sale? I am not sure- and is there a place where it would be best to list this type of car? Thanks in advance for any advice you seasoned, knowledgeable TDI experts might be able to give! I am a little out of my element here, but I know I am coming to the right place for advice.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
Year, make and model, and options are important. You should be able to look up your VIN on vw.com and get that info if you don't know it.

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
Did you already sell it or are you still looking for advice? I was going to write a big post but then realized this was like 2 weeks ago...