New thermostat and heater core still no heat

Dwinonemisis

TDI
2014 Jetta tdi
I have been a long time Lurker to the forum but it has come time that I need the communities help!

My 2014 Jetta has no heat and I’m not sure what to do to fix it. I have replaced my thermostat (not fun) and heater core but still no heat. Has anyone run into this problem before and what did you end up doing to fix it. This is my 7th tdi but have never encountered this problem before.

Mutters

TDI
MK4 2005 Jetta BEW 09A
Just a guess, but it sounds like you may need a "Blend Door" actuator. I had the issue with my 2015 Passat. Thanks

Dwinonemisis

TDI
2014 Jetta tdi

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Funny how both the attempts to help the OP offer things that have nothing to do with the car in question. :D

To the OP: is the engine getting up to temp normally? Verified with some form of scan tool as well as feel? Coolant should always be flowing through the heater core, and thus both pipes by the pedals should be hot. Are they?

johnnyrotten

TDI
2014 PASSAT TDI SEL
HAd my heater core replaced by dealer and they had an issue with ni heat also....after 2 days they said it was an airpocket in the cooling system...they bled the air out and is now working fine. Could be your issue??

Dwinonemisis

TDI
2014 Jetta tdi
I believe it is the issue. I spent
HAd my heater core replaced by dealer and they had an issue with ni heat also....after 2 days they said it was an airpocket in the cooling system...they bled the air out and is now working fine. Could be your issue??
Funny how both the attempts to help the OP offer things that have nothing to do with the car in question. :D

To the OP: is the engine getting up to temp normally? Verified with some form of scan tool as well as feel? Coolant should always be flowing through the heater core, and thus both pipes by the pedals should be hot. Are they?
The engine is getting up to temp fine. The heat is like warm unless running at around 2000 rpms and then and only then it gets hot. I flushed my coolant lines last night and finally am able to get heat but only under the conditions above. I believe I still have air pockets in the lines that I am going to try and get out tonight. And yes both pipes going into the heater core are getting hot now but still no constant heat. It could be due to air pockets though.

Dwinonemisis

TDI
2014 Jetta tdi
I believe it is. I flushed my coolant system last night but ran out of time to run the new coolant and bleed the lines. I am hoping I will be able to get them all out tonight.