NEW! Cat Filter Install Instructions PDF and Video

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel
Re: Cat Filter Installation Instructions

For winter use I think it would be fine but in the summer the fuel would get to warm because you have nothing to stop it from going through the filter. The OEM tee would let hot fuel go to the tank only. I would judt as soon do away with any tee but many would not like that.

Greg

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996

Just wanted to add this note for anyone who can't seem to get rid of bubbles in their fuel line.

Please check the O rings on the thermostatic tee. When you insert the tee into the filter head, you must push it in gently, slowly, and perfectly straight in (not at an angle).

I recently changed my filter for a fresh one and I noticed I was getting bubbles in the line with the car idling. I took the filter out, tightened it into the head another 60 degrees or so, and reinstalled it. As I was reinstalling it, I noticed that the little O rings on the tee had a tendancy to want to bunch up and get crooked. If I took my time and wiggled the tee slowly into the head, keeping an eye on the o rings, I got the rings to go in straight.

So if you have bubbes you cant seem to get rid of, remove and reinstall your tee and pay extra attention that the little o rings don't get bunched up as you insert it. Now my fuel line doesn't contain any bubbles, not even one!

Just my two cents.

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel

Well we now have instructions on video thanks to RichC of the Cini club. You can go to their site to view it. Or click HERE to view. File is about 60mb and runs about 16 minutes.
Thanks Rich.

Greg