Need head Lights

blueboy7

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD BEW 5M
Ok, I called ID Parts, they no longer have the Euro style headlights.:(
All they have is a stock replacement. It is Hella (made in Mexico) but it takes the stock 9007 lamp.

I have read through most of this thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=323152

Are the Euro style / E-code still available somewhere?

MOSTLY I want more light on the road. I am not set on any kind over another.

What are my options?
Help me see the light...

blueboy7

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD BEW 5M
Thanks burpod, I almost bought a pair but thought I better do more research. With glass lenses it would cost me $400. Money is no object, until my paycheck runs out, which is spent before I get it.:eek:

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
money well spent, and put some clear 3m film on to protect the glass. you won't get more bang for buck on lights elsewhere that i've been able to find...

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
Ok, I called ID Parts, they no longer have the Euro style headlights.:(
All they have is a stock replacement. It is Hella (made in Mexico) but it takes the stock 9007 lamp.

I have read through most of this thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=323152

Are the Euro style / E-code still available somewhere?

MOSTLY I want more light on the road. I am not set on any kind over another.

What are my options?
Help me see the light...
E-codes are getting harder and harder to get. I replaced the OEM lights on my Golf with Hella E-codes, and used Narva + bulbs. That alone made a dramatic difference. When I decided to put those same Golf lights on my Jetta, I found that those lights were no longer available, and I settled for a set of Golf MK V lights in a MK IV configuration. The only difference is that the MK V lights don't have integral fog lights. However, that wasn't an issue because I'm running Hella 550 fogs on a light bar anyway. I did however, upgrade the bulbs to 65 and 75 watt Osram units. I am very pleased with the results

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
E-codes are getting harder and harder to get. I replaced the OEM lights on my Golf with Hella E-codes, and used Narva + bulbs. That alone made a dramatic difference. When I decided to put those same Golf lights on my Jetta, I found that those lights were no longer available, and I settled for a set of Golf MK V lights in a MK IV configuration. The only difference is that the MK V lights don't have integral fog lights. However, that wasn't an issue because I'm running Hella 550 fogs on a light bar anyway. I did however, upgrade the bulbs to 65 and 75 watt Osram units. I am very pleased with the results
I've got some pics of the lights, but I don't know how to post them. If you want to see them, give me an e-mail address and I'll send them to.you

blueboy7

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD BEW 5M
Got my new lights from Jeff Saturday, and installed them that night. Naturally they look cool and work extremely well:) I did have to shim the bottom two tabs (3/16) as previously discussed to get the cutoff higher. They still need some fine tuning but as they are no on coming traffic was flashing me. I was a little surprised, perhaps people are used to everyone driving with their brights on. I had to get a pair of 7507 bulbs after church today. I asked Jeff to put amber lenses in for the turn signal. Even tho, I bought the amber bulbs, since they are the same price.

I will have some wiring to do after I buy a euro switch found here:
http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Jetta_IV--TDI/Lighting/Switches/ES8602/
I want the angel eyes to be the DTRL and I need to wire up the fog lights.

I am very pleased with these lights! Thanks for everyones input and for burpod pointing me in the right direction. And thanks to Jeff for supplying such an awesome product:D:D

Shawnz

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS TDI, ex-O1M
For the angel eye DRLs i found it a whole lot less hassle to just power them from the switched terminal under the dash.

They don't operate exactly like the stock DRLs, but close enough :).