Need Advice, Deleting My 2012 Jetta TDI

Levi123

TDI
2012 Jetta 2.0
so i picked up this tdi a few months back, right now it has a bad dpf, i have a check engine light, and flashing glowplug light. its very slow, not in limp mode, but sluggish. I'm looking to delete it so i can have full power, what is the best way to go about it? I'm looking to do it as cheap as possible as I'm still a teen and don't have consistent income. rawteks kit + a tune is about $2000 which i don't have right now, but i will in a few months time. i also looked into doing a hood stack for the time being, what all do i need to do a hoodstack? im fairly new to tdi's, so just looking for some advice. should i try a hoodstack or wait a few months til i can afford the whole delete kit? thanks!

Levi123

TDI
2012 Jetta 2.0
ok i just read the codes.

-P2002 (Diesel Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1)

-P240F (ISO / SAE reserved)

i have a check engine light, a dpf light, and a flashing glowplug light!

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Most likely the P240F is causing your limp mode and flashing glow plug, indicating a clogged egr system caused by a cracked dpf (noted by P2002).

As a quickie remedy, you could remove the egr filter pipe and clean it out with brake cleaner. Only tools you need are a 13mm socket and 5mm hex (socket is easier than allen key). Don't lose the metal gaskets

The cheapest pipes are in europe (profidiesel and trwperformance). I dont know who has the cheapest working tune.