Veteran Member
Brazoria (or as we call it, an hour south of houst
TDI
2000 Tornado Red Jetta GL TDI 200,000 miles

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
No that is a boost controller (it lets you fool the wastegate on turbos other than ours to allow you to make more boost).

JD Steve

TDI
None
dvst8r,

I am a newbie here, I started reading this and I thought OH Yah. You see, I dont have any VWs. I tractor pull garden tractors. I am thinking of building a "sub compact" pulling tractor with the TDI in it. It looks like they are the most modifiable??? I am trying to learn what I can about these things. Check out this guy in Denmark? He is using a TDI 1.9, click on some of these videos!!

http://www.brotherstoy.nl/filmpjes.htm

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
I'll sell you mine, PM me an offer, works fine, all brass, nice unit, but its not needed with Aligator programming so all its doing is making my tool box heavier.

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
Slave2school said:
No that is a boost controller (it lets you fool the wastegate on turbos other than ours to allow you to make more boost).
But it is what people use to control boost spikes in thier TDIs, assuming their tuning doesn't take care of it, I've also seen guys eliminate the need for them by adjusting the VNT mechanism, not sure how much that affects the response though.

You can't increase your boost with it like you could on a gasser though, which you know.

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
3rd nipple is just a nice built in T. how the heck are you hooking it up with only one pass through for a hose unless you use a T? PS-thrid nipple was not referring to Francisco