Saturday, July 25th
Start time 9:00am
End time 9:00pm

The place:
http://martinbergelllc.com/location/location.html
=============================================================
=============================================================

Food:
We will provide pulled pork for sandwiches...if anyone wants to bring something to share feel free. Be prepared to take the leftovers with you when you leave.
We will provide bottled water and some pop and juice.
Paper plates and forks, spoons, etc...will be provided.
There will be a sheet cake for desert.
But basically if you like it and want to share BYO whatever.

Doin' work

There should be room for three longer term projects like timing belts
in the barn. If you are a new-be make sure you have assistance and tools before you get started.
No major work started after 4:00pm -- I want to start winding this up around 9:00pm
Please, nothing like rear axle trailing arm bushing replacement .
Those can wind up being a hand full.

If you will be changing fluids bring containers to take them back with you for disposal.

As far as requests for chipping ...that will be handled by Jeff Robertson in the manner which he chooses. From past experience it has been on a first-come basis.

WORK LIST:
Holy Cobra TB

tango 28 wheel bearing

new2diesel ball joint

GT2 brake bleed

PHDwannabe brake bleed, oil leak --taken care of already --I hope

TDIrapin skid plate

TDItran skid plate

Sprocket CAT filter conversion, hand brake cable
*Maybe on this----- 5th gear change on B4V --requires dropping the end of the trans or cutting chassis sheet metal out of the way for clearance

Paramedick B4 sway bar bushings --requires dropping the subframe and some one-time use hardware

Stinkyfingers Glueing letters on a hatch lid -- remember, John, don't start this one any later than 4pm ;}

to be continued....

I hope this works with everyone's schedule. :)

Here are the closest recommended accomodations for the out-of-towners.
....This is 4 miles east of the Fowlerville exit 129 on I-96:
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
HOWELL

1397 N BURKHART RD
HOWELL, MI 48855 UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk: 1-517-5480100 | Hotel Fax: 1-517-5480717

AND...........

[SIZE=+1]Best Western of Fowlerville[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]950 S Grand Ave[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Fowlerville, MI 48846[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](517) 223-9165‎
[/SIZE]bwfowlerville.com
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Get directions: To here - From here[/SIZE]
http://maps.google.com/mapdata?Point=b&Point.latitude_e6=42648267&Point.longitude_e6=4210894292&Point.iconid=15&Point=e&latitude_e6=42648267&longitude_e6=4210894292&zm=4000&w=250&h=125&cc=&min_priority=2

The Best Western, according to some, is not the best choice but it is the closest.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I am there..

4th year, 4th different car ;)

added to the Calendar in my sig.

Last edited:

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I'm in - its on the calander ;-)
Jeff

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
i will plan on being there! don't know if I'll have anything major to do on my own cars, but will be available to help others.

I have B4 timing belt tools, and a power bleeder if anyone needs them.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Work day for me, but let's see what I can do to fix that.......;) Thanks for the ample notice, it's on the schedule.

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Maybe I'll stop by this time - last summer I had to go to Howell on the actual GTG day so I breezed right through Fowlerville on I-96! :eek:

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Oooh! Oooh! I'm in! This is a much needed ray of sunshine on a cold, snowy day (week, month, season!) I can almost smell the diesel exhaust and brats now. Thanks Marty!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Wow! I think that's the first bump I've ever witnessed out of Marty!

Marty, I hope to be there that day, however that is our wedding anniversary, so I'm going to have to get creative here.... I'll keep in touch.

Kirk

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Geeze Kirk, it's simple... bring the wife and we'll all sing "Happy Anniversary" and you can ply her with beer, brats and Rocketchips ;) I ask you, how could the day be better? Ooops, maybe you don't want her to meet us, we can be a bit shocking to the uninitiated. :eek:

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Naw, Kirks wife didn't shoot me on sight so she must be really tolerant!

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I should be there too. Now, the only question is which car do I bring? Maybe, I can talk the wife into going and we can bring both. If I don't have the ceramic glow plugs changed out by then with steel ones on the 05 Passat, that will be on the list of things to do especially with Jeff there. This way I can get the plugs swapped and a flash for their new voltage.

Might as well have the B4V chipped at the same time too! Maybe a 5th gear swap? I don't know how involved this is. Is it too much to have done at a GTG :confused:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Hey cameron, I replaced your timing belt last year right>? hows the car running?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
It's on my calendar too. My dog is looking forward to seeing the goose again.

posterChild

TDI
2000 Black Jetta GL
Added to my calendar! Hopefully I'll be out of projects by then... I just need to find me a clutch and schedule some pre-GTG Marty time now that the weather here in Michigan has returned to 'reasonable'

Now to figure out which clutch...

posterChild

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
posterChild said:
Now to figure out which clutch...
Is your clutch slipping?

I got the usual VR6/G60 setup. It has a nice, stock feel to it. But in the summertime I like to have the windows down, and the rattling that you get when you let the clutch out in neutral while sitting at a stoplight bugs me. In part, it bugs me because I'm sure plenty of the folks who have occupied the lane next to me and heard the extra rattling that sounds like a second engine in there is thinking, "gawd, those diesels make too much noise."

At the time I did look for a LUK clutch, but couldn't find one. TDIParts now has this kit available:
http://www.tdiparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=76_102&products_id=740
$680, though, as opposed to $400 for the VR6/G60. It might be hard to justify spending that much more for a 9-year-old car. But it'd be a little smoother/quieter.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I just put the LUK setup in my A3. I had it in the wagon but it wouldn't hold the power. However, it is, without a doubt, the smoothest clutch I've ever driven. I don't sell a lot of them because of the cost, but I love it. The A3 is only mildly tuned and will stay that way, so it's a great fit.