Meaning Behind Your Username

Craneguru

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle (sold), 2014 BMW 328d
I used to design crane trucks, and although I have moved on to other pursuits, I still help out when folks in my company need technical help or clarification. As in most things technical, it's not knowing the answer, but knowing where to find the answer that matters. A better moniker would have been 'Cranementor' but that just doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

AWD9590

TDI
2013 Passat 6 sp. mn.
A tribute to my beloved 1995 Audi 90 Quattro

As I am sure most here can understand it is easy to become attached to a vehicle. I had to replace my loyal 1995 Audi 90 Quattro (AWD9590) as it had almost 300K miles on it.

So far, I am thrilled with my 2013 Passat TDI 6-speed/m, that has taken over as my daily driver, but for now the name of the former remains.

PS: Can anyone advise how to post a picture? I tried with no luck to drag one from the desktop.

Thanks,

Pete

bikegeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
I enjoy commuting to work ....riding centuries...pedaling in general.....thus my Lowww mileage Herbetta.....

WEB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA
As I am sure most here can understand it is easy to become attached to a vehicle. I had to replace my loyal 1995 Audi 90 Quattro (AWD9590) as it had almost 300K miles on it.

So far, I am thrilled with my 2013 Passat TDI 6-speed/m, that has taken over as my daily driver, but for now the name of the former remains.

PS: Can anyone advise how to post a picture? I tried with no luck to drag one from the desktop.

Thanks,

Pete
Here you go Pete.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=207484

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Mine is/was the name of my car (hence BEETLE), and since it went and went and went being a TDI, GO. That is until it got totaled. Then it changed to "gone" (I now drive a Golf). :)

Waynoooo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
My name is Wayne, so Waynoooo has been a nickname for years. Did not feel like tacking on a TDI specific moniker, and Waynoooo is how I sign most informal correspondence.

Cheers!

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
noki = soot
vasara = hammer

soothammer = Diesel :D

Btw, that's finnish, my parents moved to Sweden before I was born.
I've used that username on other forums too, and IRL when talking about diesels of course.

bibendum

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta tdi
Bibendum, is the name of the Michelin Man. I have made my living my entire adult life in the tire business, and am a 100% believer in the Michelin brands. I also am a bit plump, and have some rolls. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
This is my second screen name. For my first I mis read "username" and thought it said "Use ur name", so I did. It still comes up in the pre-forum message string.
It took some time to get this second one, but I finally settled on one that suited my penchant for driving at low rpm in high gears on my daily 35 mph lemming crawl commute. Many claimed I was nuts for lugging the engine this way, so Lug Nut it became. The underscore was added because it apeared that the blank space wasn't an acceptable character on the submission form.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
A reference to one of my all time favorite bands, Guided By Voices (Robert Pollard) and also my username on every other forum I belong to.

FowVay

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta returned to der Führer
Fow Vay.. the phonetic pronunciation of V W... in German.

It was late and I was drunk,, what can I say?

MPGonad

TDI
2012 Golf
it came to me in a brainstorming session after several 3-finger glasses of 18 year single malt scotch. seems every good idea i've ever had was born from too much booze...

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Fix Until Broke is pretty self explanitory...I seem to always think I can make things better and "fix" them which usually ends up with either the thing broke or me broke or both...fortunately, I've been able to learn a little from my mistakes and do more fixing than breaking these days which helps with the broke part.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
My name is Mike and I live in Anchorage. I'd used the same name for The Saab Network when I was an avid Saabophile. A couple of folks recognized me when I made the shift.

blackty

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta tdi (sold)--2005 Jetta 2.5 Tiptronic---1993 GMC Typhoon---2003 2500HD Silverado---2012 WRX Wagon
I also own a black GMC Typhoon. Same username on every forum...Jim

PappyD

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Kind of a reference to the Popeye cartoon character, "Poopdeck Pappy" who was Popeye's father. Pappy had gray hair and beard and was a generally cranky.

I have 3 sons. Last name begins with a "D". My sons started referrring to me as "PappyD"

I have gray hair and beard and am generally cranky. ;-)

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
I selected my user name because I bought one of the first pump duce TDI Jettas (manufactured October 2003) sold in North America and no one else on the list had taken the name. My avatar is a picture of the Wolfsburg Crest from the hood of a 1956 sunroof Beetle (100% stock) I once owned.

--Nate

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
need I say more ....TDI 90 horsepower.....guess I should change to TDI 140HP....but then nobody would recognize me....

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Its my name. Got the nickname in High School.... I used to work at a cookie store with others from school and when my cousin came to work there, and has the same last name as I...I could no longer put "Hill" on my time card...so I had to write "C.Hill". One day I was late and forgot the dot when I filled out my card. My manager started calling me Mr Chill due to that...so did my friends...and it stuck.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
El Dobro is my nickname, from the guitar I play.