Leaving the group soon

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
The nine years or so I've owned and driven a '96 Passat TDI have been bitter sweet. When I lived in England, those two years I drove a '98 B5 Passat TDI, and it just wasn't the same, and I couldn't wait to get back into my B4. I'm starting to look towards other pastures now, keeping my eye out for a Jetta that is about 10 years newer than my current daily driver. The B4V just doesn't feel the same as the sedan. Maybe I'm just getting older and my tastes are changing, I don't know. The B4 Passat TDI for a long time has been my favorite car of all, but times change. My wife this morning said we both spend enough time in our cars every day that we should be happy with what we are driving.

It has been a good time, and will not be forgotten. I'm out of town, so haven't actually posted an ad to sell my B4V yet, but the day is coming. Nor will the advise of all who have helped me out here be forgotten.

Here it is, for reference. I just hope my wife doesn't change her mind about me buying something else when I don't get quite what I would like for it.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=408844

WestVa304

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2005 TDI Jetta Wagon, 2004 Passa Tdi 5spd
It's crazy how much lower a price the B4s are selling for compared to earlier this year. Of course I bought mine for top dollar before the bottom dropped out. Anyhow, keep me in mind when you post it. I'm just up the mountains in Asheville and am working on a B4 sanctuary :)

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
B4 sanctuary? We'll be visiting Ashevegas for a few weeks next summer and will have to stop by. Scouting out the area for a possible future relocate and your insight would be valuable.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
I will defiantly keep you in mind. It would be great to see it go to a good home where it will receive the attention that I can't give it. Work and life demand too much for me to do what I really would like to.

If I can confirm there is no rust on this one, then that should help move it along. It lived in GA before I bought it.

WestVa304

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2005 TDI Jetta Wagon, 2004 Passa Tdi 5spd
Abacus, I look forward to your visit. My plans are to buy a house this winter either with a garage or erect one myself. This will make for a "sanctuary" of "rescued" B4s. I've been researching the housing market here pretty hardcore for two years so there is plenty of knowledge on that matter. You'll love it here, or be the first person not to lol.

Goodmonkey, no rust definitely helps. It seems like most in here that have gotten rid of their B4s recently due to work taking over.