Kerma Stage 1 tune

mchapek

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon, 2014 Passat, 2015 Golf Sportwagen
So today I installed the Stage 1 KermaTDI tune to my 2015 Golf TDI Sportwagon. So far I've only had a short test drive (with a short highway span), but my initial impression is that in traffic/normal driving it seems pretty much the same (light to medium accelerator use), however getting on the freeway was another story! Coming around the turn and just about as it straightened out I put the pedal down, and boy, what a change! It will be fun over the next several weeks as I get used to the new demeanor (and TRY not to go HARD acceleration too often....GRIN!) and see what the mileage does...any change for the better is welcome! (especially with the STUPID 13.5 gal tank!)

There was one oddity: my stereo wouldn't turn off after I returned from the test drive! (I hadn't noticed that it was still on when I got out of the car in my garage as I lose my XM reception so it's already quiet when I turn off the engine/close the garage door...went back after a few minutes to make a short run to the grocery store and found that it was still "on", and the on/off button did nothing! I finally had to disconnect the battery + terminal to kill it, and then turned the engine on/off after reconnecting and it turns on/off as normal. Whew...I was worried there for a moment! THAT would be a huge problem!

seanf

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S
I have had the Kerma tune for over 2 years and it works good. I have done 3 updates since the first tune and never had my radio act up.
I just wish Kerma could get rid of the annoying turbo lag.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
I have had the Kerma tune for over 2 years and it works good. I have done 3 updates since the first tune and never had my radio act up.
My MK6 Kerma tune - installed 2/20 - has been great lowering soot. Just called recently asking about any updates that they said there were none. I guess that's par for only 8 months?

mchapek

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon, 2014 Passat, 2015 Golf Sportwagen
I have to wonder if I caused the radio issue (not turning off)...thinking back, during the upload of the tune I started shutting stuff off (hadn't realized it would be so slow compared to how quick the download was)...tried turning off the stereo but it didn't work....just let it sit there (no music but the display was on). For future uploads I'll remember to turn everything off BEFORE I start the upload, just in case.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I know it's been only a little more than a week but have you noticed any difference in regen intervals?

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
For those encountering the (rare) radio issue while flashing.... simply hold in the radio power button until the radio turns off. Might take a minute or so.

SkipCycle

TDI
2015 Golf Station Wagen TDI SEL w/ DSG
I have to wonder if I caused the radio issue (not turning off)...thinking back, during the upload of the tune I started shutting stuff off (hadn't realized it would be so slow compared to how quick the download was)...tried turning off the stereo but it didn't work....just let it sit there (no music but the display was on). For future uploads I'll remember to turn everything off BEFORE I start the upload, just in case.
Nope, you didn't. I made sure everything was off before I did the update and had the same problem. I sent Kerma an email quoting your post, and as you can see above, there is an easier fix. I have the SEL model with the Fender radio in it.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Well that's a hardware issue. It catches me off guard sometimes and I peal out. Lol

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
sean f
Use VCDS to reset the clutches in the DSG, and also change all the adaptation settings in the steering controller, ABS and trans to "direct mode" (several settings)
those will help a lot

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
sean f
Use VCDS to reset the clutches in the DSG, and also change all the adaptation settings in the steering controller, ABS and trans to "direct mode" (several settings)
those will help a lot
Direct mode? I'll have to look for that also. I'm Malone tuned. Thanks for that though.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
That's a generic MK7 ABS coding, (TSI or TDI) and does wonders in stock ECU form.

There's also starting vibration reduction coding as well.

Darth_Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW, DSG
Try these 2 VCDS mods. If you have the cable, they are "free" so why not. Its turning off vibration reduction and the torque limiter:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5392096&postcount=29 and http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5389118&postcount=21
turbo lag reduced with it

brew1

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
thanks. which one?
What tweaks are you looking to do?