Installed my rebuilt cylinder head and...

Coasty

TDI
2002 Golf Manual 265k miles
I can't believe i missed this, but the used head i had rebuilt has a nozzle sleeve stuck in it! I was putting the injectors back in when I noticed, ugh. Now I'm looking for a used injector body i can screw into this and hopefully slide hammer it out.

mittzlepick

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta wagon (365k)2001 wagon tire burner 6spd 2003 wagon(417k)
Crap iv e er a job for penetrating oil that it

Coasty

TDI
I bought a used head from someone, as mine kaboomed after a timing belt event. I brought it to a local machine shop to have it done, and never noticed this sitting in the injector bore (person i bought it from took the injectors out, but left this little surprise). Machinist clearly didn't see it either.

Coasty

TDI
Yes, I don't doubt Frank06 would have done a superior job. I was just trying to save a few bucks. Anyway, just wanted to share yet another speed bump in my journey to get this car back on the road.

Coasty

TDI
Update: I ended up buying a used injector, took it apart, screwed the body into the nozzle retainer and slide hammered it out. It was really in there, and for a while I thought it may never come out, but after a lot of slamming it released. I'm sure this is why the last person left it in there. I cleaned it thoroughly, put my injector in, and it now runs like a dream.