Impexfest VI - May 4th & 5th, 2007

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
no-blue-screen said:
My buddy at the ramada told me that he needs to know how many rooms and how many people and he can give us a reduced rate. Normally the rate is $69.99 per night.

Those interested PM me to get on the list.
I've already made a reservation, but would be grateful for anything he could do. PM sent.

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
MikeS_18 said:
You just like driving the Merritt. damn shine bar owner... ;)

best I could do is 9:30 at the Charlton rest area which is west of 495 and 280.
Indeed, the Merritt is much more enjoyable with said bar installed...

(it goes without saying, *of course*, that fun was always within posted speed limits :D, as I am a good law-abiding citizen of the State of CT.)

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Hi All - Ecodean & I will be at the tent-raising event and at Friday night's dinner. (Don't know whether the first post went through, so I'm sending it again.)
Whitetdi05 (Kristina)

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
MikeS_18 said:
I am able to leave the northern Mass area (Rt495-RT93) after about 8:30-9am.

When are the V's leaving?

Which is the preferred route? Rt95 all the way or the Rt84->Rt684->Garden State Pkwy side route?
You guys may think I'm nuts, but I swear you will make the same or possibly better time with this route and have a beautiful drive also. When I travel up north to Mass, I avoid NJ/NY (I-95) at all costs. I take I-81 to I-84 and then hit I-91 to the Mass Pike. Of course, I go the reverse when heading home. ;)

When I decided to visit my brother in Ellicott City on the way home, I just hit I-83 in Harrisburg and headed south, went right by Cockeysville...

It is deceiving, but really not much longer at all...

Birdman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta 2001 Died by Truck one snowy day. Jetta 2003
Mary P is right on. I spent the last 15 years driving charters and that would be the way I would go. Coming home (Hagerstown MD) from from PeterVs last GTG I took me 2 Hrs longer coming down 95 to see if it was still as bad as I remembered

inti132

TDI
'03 TDI GL ~185HP
Hey guys, i use 95 EVERYDAY and saturday is certainly the least busy day but people still travel relatively slow on it compared to all the other highways........I would say either merrit parkway or i84 if better. Can we set a time to meet somewhere's in the Danbury, CT vicinity? Where is a good checkpoint for most of you guys???

----

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
inti132 said:
Hey guys, i use 95 EVERYDAY and saturday is certainly the least busy day
----
alot of these people are coming down friday during the day, which is not bad as long as you are not in rush hour through NY or around Philly.

I drive around Philly almost every day and take every route possible to get around it, and after 9am and before 3pm or before 7am and after 6pm its not that bad.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Well I have a few things for sale if anyone is interested.

1. Front and rear stock MKIV Jetta sedan valences. $40 for each
2. Some stock MKIV Jetta brake parts, calibers, rotors, pads. make an offer
3. stock MKIV Jetta wipers. make an offer
4. 04 gray Jetta sunvisor (driver/pass). $40 shipped.
5. PD Jetta ECU $350 OBO

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
span1_85 said:
Hey guys i should have these with me on Sat... and a cooler full of drinkage... any requests??? was thinking water... and maybe some Yuengling... would that be a good or bad idea???

There is never enough water! Great idea!

OilBurnerDE

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat T-Red
Wow 20 Pages. Don't have time to read them all. Didn't even try to think about going to Impex again, since my daughter's birthday is always the same weekend of the event.

But there is a slight chance that I will be able to make it this year. If I go, I would love some help on tring to fix/ locate my oil leaks.

Also, want to meet paramedic and check out his Hybrid turbo/downpipe.

And of course hang out with Tomo.

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
OilBurnerDE said:
Also, want to meet paramedic and check out his Hybrid turbo/downpipe.
Heck, you might even get to drive the beast. We'll trade. You can talk to me about heated seat hook-up.

Remember, your car is a B4. Based on mine, EVERYTHING can leak. We'll look for some of the more obvious ones.

snowball

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2003, Red
Perfect timing! I just found out that the ImpexFest will be next weekend after spending an hour cursing at a rear wheel speed sensor that refuses to come out.
I'll likely arrive Sat and spend the day. My GF will likely attend as well and she has offered to be a photographer for teh day to help record the event. Photos can be published on a site after the event for all to view and download.

If anyone is familiar with removing a stuck (and now broken/mangled) wheel speed sensor I'd appreciate the help. Once this item is fixed I'll finally have both my CEL and ABS light off for a change!

Adam

R2point0

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015, Silver; Passat, 1997, Blue
Question for those who are planning on cleaning intakes:

I have a Rubbermaid tote and about 5 Gallons of kerosene that I used to clean mine last fall. I was going to use the kero in a heater over the winter, but I never got the chance. I'm willing to bring the kero and the tote up to the fest, provided that someone else take the kerosene at the end of the day - I'm in the process of moving house and the movers won't take it.

Let me know.

R2.0

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
Guys,

I was planning on being at the fest on friday thru saturday. That being said I've noticed a noise coming from the pully area on my TDI on the left side of the motor. I cant really describe it other then its a rotating part. It sounds like it is coming from down low. I need some expert ears to help me locate and diagnose the issue before I go any further with nozzles and chips etc. My list of things to do at the fest seems to be getting longer :-/

Supposedly the timing belt and water pump were replaced when I bought the car at 73k miles. I now have about 110k on her. I notice no water leaks or anything of the sort. I took a look a the Timing belt as best i can....looks normal.

1) locate diagnose fix noise.
2) rear bakes, rotor change.
3) oil, oil filter, fuel filter, cabin filter change.
4) Dent Wizard
5) Sprint 205 Nozzle install.
6) Chip tunes...
7) front sway bar bushing change if time permits....
8) Boostvalve

I know there will be some very compatent help there at the fest...I'm willing to pay $ for any assistance/service should things get serious and require drastic attention beyond my skill set. :confused:

Any assistance/advice will be greatly appreciated. Please advise.

Nick

*edit: spelling*
*edit: added to list*

Last edited:

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
As much as I hate to say this.......

I suggest you give Metalman a call in the morning. See if he can see you this week before you come to Cockeysville. Alternately, see if one of the NJ gurus can take a peek at the car. This sounds like one of the two lower rollers.

My plate is full, or I would be happy to help.

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
Going to try and see if I can get an opinion. I just started noticing it, so its new. Most of my list is fairly trivial things. but I am now most concerned with the noise.

I did take a vacation day on Thursday.....I know Metal man is in Danville/Sunbury ? Thats about 3 hours from me now. Hoping to find someone more local.

Last edited:

paramedick

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
The reason I suggested metalman is because there would be no issue with parts. Some other possibilities....

New Jersey

Rich Aberghini----richieracket
Barnegat, NJ
609-698-8765
richalberghini@hotmail.com

TDIracing (Oliver) is in Baltimore and jrsmonster (Jeff) is in Red Lion.

Sorry, as close as I can come geographically.

Last edited:

SyNtAxx

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Tornado Red GLS TDI
I'll call metal man and see what he says, Both barnegat NJ and Redlion aka Rocket chip are about the same distance. I wasnt sure if Jeff did work like that depite being on the Mechanics list.

paramedick said:
The reason I suggested metalman is because there would be no issue with parts. Some other possibilities....

New Jersey

Rich Aberghini----richieracket
Barnegat, NJ
609-698-8765
richalberghini@hotmail.com

TDIracing (Oliver) is in Baltimore and jrsmonster (Jeff) is in Red Lion.

Sorry, as close as I can come geographically.

nordska

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6MT, 2002.5 Jetta Wagon ALH 5MT
SyNtAxx said:
Guys,

1) locate diagnose fix noise.
2) rear bakes, rotor change.
3) oil, oil filter, fuel filter, cabin filter change.
4) Dent Wizard
5) Sprint 205 Nozzle install.
6) Chip tunes...
7) front sway bar bushing change if time permits....
8) Boostvalve

Hey Nick,
I'll give you a hand with checking out the sound your hearing... as well as I could probably (time permitting) work on the rear brakes, oil change, filters, and nozzle install... I told someone else I would help them do an intake cleaning so after that I'll do what I can....