I will paypal $100 to the first person who can tell me how to fix my car.

snakeye

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta and Wagon, GLS 5sp
How should the engine be rotated over slowly to allow the intake valves to be closed on each cylinder one by one for this process? Perhaps a long breaker bar with a socket on the bolt of the crankshaft pully?
Jack up one side of the car and rotate the wheel while in fifth gear (only works on a manual obviously...).

burn_your_money

Veteran Member
TDI
99 Beetle, 96 B4V, 05 Passat wagon
Jack up one side of the car and rotate the wheel while in fifth gear (only works on a manual obviously...).
It also only works if only one wheel is in the air. If you have both up, you can stick a screw driver in the slots in the rotor between the caliper to prevent that wheel from turning.

tgray

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Beetle, '05 Golf, 2000 Jetta, 2001 Jetta, 2002 Jetta
This is really worth a good laugh. Even so, info that is correct, often helps when others have similar issues. This forum is so rich in knowledge if you can figure out how to dig it all out.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
What's funny about the edited 1st post "THIS IS ALREADY SOLVED" is, lots of people (probably including the guy who resurrected this from the grave) will land directly on Page 2 or 3 because one later comment was the best match for his search terms. Whatever works.

kemalik84

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg TDI, B4 97, 96B4V, MK5 TDI Jetta, Vanagon(non-TDI) soon to be converted
I have a b4 with new turbo, no check engine light. It feels sluggish especially on hills. Hardly any smoke just a bit on start up or if I rev up to like 4000rpm. Max speed is like 75. It has a good used motor put in. I checked MAF drives pretty much the same. Does anyone know what might be causing the sluggishness?

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
I have a b4 with new turbo, no check engine light. It feels sluggish especially on hills. Hardly any smoke just a bit on start up or if I rev up to like 4000rpm. Max speed is like 75. It has a good used motor put in. I checked MAF drives pretty much the same. Does anyone know what might be causing the sluggishness?
You should ask over in the b4 section.