I may have found a triple gauge pod that will work...

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
Um, I'd be concerned about which direction the A-piller airbag going off would launch that thing...
Are there A-piller airbags in these cars? I know in the 2006 we have it is stamped on there but I have not seen a stamp on the one in my 2002.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Pretty sure my 2002 has them (GLS trim level with luxury and cold-weather packages), but I'll have a look when I get in the car later to head home from work.

CanadianALH

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 5spd 2006 Jetta DSG (wifes)
Ah I have a GLS but not sure if I have the cold weather stuff

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't know if either package would impact airbag config, but I also opted for leather seats (which got me the CWP).

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
I checked when I got into the car earlier tonight to drive home, I have "airbag" tags at the tops of the A-pillars, the tops of the B-pillars, and the outside shoulders of the front seats in addition to the steering wheel and the dashboard above the glovebox.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
The pillar airbag tags do indicate an airbag in there, but it's connected above the window to the curtain airbag, so some owners don't call it/consider it a "pillar" airbag. There used to be some videos of the A pillar opening to release the airbag. Honestly, it made me worry even less about items in that area. There's also some (real) pictures on the vortex showing the side curtain exposed airbag deployed and inflated, which is interesting.