I finished mine

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
FHN is in an all bolted up, I wasn't in any rush so in the Houston heat and humidity I did a little each day.
I pulled the engine and trans, using the little plastic alignment tool supplied with the kit I attempted to align the manual trans which proved difficult, but I got it. The kit came with no instructions I watched videos and read posts only helped in limited amounts.
Needless to say you install an assembly then in the next step you must remove it. The pedals and brake fluid line proved to be the most time consuming.
I purchased a new clutch master cylinder from Parts Geek, installed it on the pedal assembly, it leaked. Parts Geek likes to sell parts but will not accept returns, so I have a paper weight they got 1 star and a nasty writeup. The pedal assembly came off 3 times.
The brake booster came off 3 times.
2 days ago it was all finished, it would start but shut off immediately, anybody know what I forgot?
Laying in bed it hit me, the next day it was running, now for a reflash.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
the m/c probably was very old stock, that's rotten they wouldn't make good on it.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
They didn't even reply? They could have told me to get lost?

Last edited:

tonygennari1

TDI
05 Passat
I almost ordered from partsgeek. I am glad I didnt know. Thank you posting. Any company can have a bad part thats fine, but to not return it is just wrong. That sucks. Ill be sure to avoid them

Lotawood

TDI
2005 BHW Passat sedan
I'm curious to what you forgot to make it shut off quickly.

Was it immobilizer related? Or unplug the auto TCM?

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
its about time some one was curious enough to ask...the immobilizer ring around the key, I forgot to plug it in. I would crank, it would start and shut off, did this about 10 times and gave up it was late in the day and I was tired. I was relaxing watching Fox news, I like anything Trump, he's making me rich, anyway, my brain reset and immobilizer popped up out of nowhere.

Last edited:

Lotawood

TDI
2005 BHW Passat sedan
Zero dollar fix bonus. My brain also does better with a break, especially electrical.

I wish I had a manual. But changing out my good enough auto won't happen this year.
Everything else I have is a manual transmission.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
my auto quit out of nowhere, I started it up, it ran normal, doing 70 down the freeway and kaplouy it quit? Pump failed, no issues to that point? It survived to 120000

Last edited: