Ho5G Post-Fest Fest

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
mrchill said:
OOOOH!:eek: The Steve car! ~begins salivating profusly, wipes chin......feels embaressed~ Hey, whats on the table for mods now?:D
I was thinking of a new set of plugs and points, maybe even adjust the timing or something. No really a bit of head work and maybe a fatter exhaust. I even cleaned the turbo and got about 8#'s of crud out of the thing. Trying to help the poor car breathe a bit better. No doubt I could use some assistance setting my fueling IQ and checking the injection timing. Now to go get the Gritty's Haloween Ale and see about the Turkey Jerky!!! Mrchill I will certainly need your opinion after a test ride or 2 to see if progress is being made:D

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
PeterV,

Would you be able to invite your Meineke Muffler friend? It would give us a good opportunity to talk with him about a "Mufflerectomy GTG" at his shop and to gauge interest. There was a good bit of interest in that thread but the summer and fest got in the way of any serious discussion plans.

iggy_jet

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, Gray (GONE) 1987 Mercedes 300DT
Sootman said:
a bit of head work and maybe a fatter exhaust. quote]

Hmmmm....

I think all of us would benefit from a little "head work" and a "Fatter exhaust".. LOL LOL

:eek:

tommyt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 white Jetta TDI 5 spd M, 9
Perfect timing! I'd like to install the Dieselgeek skid plate I got at TDI Fest.

Some other possibilities: Oil change, brake fluid change, install Dawes device, maybe a boost guage, and I need to see Jeff. Oh - and maybe some quick Vag-Com lessons too.

I'll bring tools and a cooler - plus some real food to go along with the Twinkies.

Last edited:

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Boy, if you guys are like this after summer, what are you like after a cold NE winter freezing your butts in the diesels?

wait, don't answer that.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
this is going to be a hard one to miss...

shoot...

that didn't come out right...

wait..

nevermind...

(must stop thinking about Fluff and Zippy in the same thought)

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
Sootman said:
Will plan on bringing the usual Gritty's Haloween Ale
Yumm. What a perfect thing to bring. I will see what punkin beer I can find.

Sootman said:
I have to juggle a kid
Have Dave_594 juggle him/her. :eek: If he can juggle knives, he can juggle a kid!! Zippy, where is that picture?

We need to decide which Krappy is coming (wagon or sedan) and/or if the Audi wants to make an appearance. Are all the G's spoken for already?

I love the idea of the Muffler guru coming. He may have a line as long as Jeff's!!

Do people have Fest photos that we can play somewhere?

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
ymz said:
Now I'd consider it the best thing you could do on the weekend !!!! ...I'm trying to find a good excuse to make the 4.5 hour trip from Montreal,
Yuri.
It is indeed the best thing to do on a weekend and if my sister's family wasn't coming and I was able to come, the 4.5 hours for me wouldn't stop me although I am likely to crash at my friend's for the night. 9 hours in one day with a 4 year old is too much! Although I did drive 4.5 hours straight with her being awake in the car the whole time without complaints till the last 30 minutes. :eek:

MrChill said:
Bring your sister along..... we'll corrupt her as well!:eek::eek: She cannot resist the POWER of the dark side!
I think she already questions my sanity. :eek:

snowcub said:
Only problem with the Fluff is that it makes everything sticky
that's why we need buns to sandwich it. :D

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I'm planning to be there!!!! :cool: I have a brand new EuroJet FMIC from KERMA still in the box and waiting to be installed.

Anybody done an FMIC install in an A4 Golf/Jetta and willing to help? I know I'm gonna need help.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
catching up...

Have Dave_594 juggle him/her. If he can juggle knives, he can juggle a kid!! Zippy, where is that picture?
you rang....???

See what happens when i leave my camera with someone else...I get random photos of people's hidden talents!
Originally Posted by MrChill
Bring your sister along..... we'll corrupt her as well! She cannot resist the POWER of the dark side!
I think she already questions my sanity. :eek:
... She's making the calendar, we know she already questions MY sanity! Too bad i won't actually get to meet her in person. :) :eek:
(must stop thinking about Fluff and Zippy in the same thought)
Just don't get your keyboard sticky from the thought... i've already had one too many members get "mad" at me for that....
teehee... I said members...
Only problem with the Fluff is that it makes everything sticky
Not if you lick it all off! :cool:
I dont know what you could be referring to! I am INNOCENT.... Oh so INNOCENT!
Yeah.. and she's got the T-shirt to Prove it! :p
Oh don't give us the sob story! Your in California, you have nothing to complain about!
... and yet, i still find time to cause trouble. Mmmm... trouble. :D
I can honestly say, i'm VERY sad to be missing this VERY Special GTG... We love you DeeBee! I'm sorry i'll be missing this one. Have fun! Chill out! Enjoy! :D and above all else [don't] Behave!

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
All this talking about licking and Zippy and fluff and sticky.......

I SO got out of my shift today! I am so there!

I would like some help putting in my PP520's while I'm there. I think I have most of the tools that I need and will bring them along. Someone else also wanted to do injectors, so maybe we can help each other.
I'm also going to bring my friend Thor, he's hoping for a ride in a FAST tdi, I said I'm sure someone can help with that.

DeeBee

Veteran Member
TDI
Ex 99.5 Golf (Blue), Ex 96 Passats (Blue & Grey), Ex 97 Passat(Green)
Zippy_car said:
I can honestly say, i'm VERY sad to be missing this VERY Special GTG... We love you DeeBee! I'm sorry i'll be missing this one. Have fun! Chill out! Enjoy! :D and above all else [don't] Behave!
Thank you Zippy ;)

I plan to behave.... for a while at least. Wish you were around for this one.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I sure hope to be there - I have a check engine light that needs investigating.

Fingers crossed I can make it.

~BeetleGo

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
meganuke said:
For all those who wish to donate towards an earlier flight home for Zippy, send your money to Ho5GEntertainmentfund@paypal.com. All excess proceeds will be spent on Twinkies, Fluff, and pudding. :D
I bet if we just took the week off work we could make it out there, throw her in the hatch and be back in time for the frying! Sweet, ROAD TRIP! :D

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Tell Thor he is more than welcome......as long as he brings his BIG HAMMER!:eek: (I said big hammer):D Beware.....there WILL be cameras......we WILL require proof of the..............BIG HAMMER!:eek::eek::D

Varkias said:
All this talking about licking and Zippy and fluff and sticky.......

I SO got out of my shift today! I am so there!

I would like some help putting in my PP520's while I'm there. I think I have most of the tools that I need and will bring them along. Someone else also wanted to do injectors, so maybe we can help each other.
I'm also going to bring my friend Thor, he's hoping for a ride in a FAST tdi, I said I'm sure someone can help with that.

Varkias

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Golf TDI
Holy Smoke!!

Hot diggy dawg!! I was bored today and ended up putting in my PP520's all by myself!!

Holy tire screeching smoke belching awsomeness!!! :D I think I'm in love ;).
Colraindub said:
If I just get the nozzles, someone will help me swap them into my injector bodies? I have no idea what to do....
I'm now happy to help you put yours in if you get them and come up. I have all the tools, so long as Peter and Juile have a vise.

I am also going to have Jeff chip my car this weekend, instead of waiting until the dyno day. If someone could let him know that would be great! How does he like to be paid when it's at a GTG?

I will also be bringing cheep beer and soda for all to enjoy!

mrchill

TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Bwahahahahahahahahahaahaa! Then let the mayhem begin!!:D:D (insert evil Vincent Price laughter here)

mrchill

TDI
Jeff likes money. Cash, credit, payal, etc. He's easy going. Just get there early and get on the list!:D Oh, and yes, P&J have vise.......oh the vises do they have.......!!(spoken in Kirkian style Invader Zim voice)

Varkias said:
Hot diggy dawg!! I was bored today and ended up putting in my PP520's all by myself!!

Holy tire screeching smoke belching awsomeness!!! :D I think I'm in love ;).

I'm now happy to help you put yours in if you get them and come up. I have all the tools, so long as Peter and Juile have a vise.

I am also going to have Jeff chip my car this weekend, instead of waiting until the dyno day. If someone could let him know that would be great! How does he like to be paid when it's at a GTG?

I will also be bringing cheep beer and soda for all to enjoy!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I just found this thread: how did I manage to miss it?

Dave, don't you want RC4? You'll need it to counter the road-hugging weight of that heater. And Colraindub, there will probably be a few chipped A3s there for you to try.

I'm thinking about bringing the Golf for a group hug and some cosmetic TLC. It really needs it. Or the white Jetta, same need, along with dampers. Drivers wanted...

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
Seeing how big a hit my balls we're last time I'll bring them again, along with a fresh keg of beer to loosen things up.

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
My hammer is plenty big, LOL!! No need to hide it! =P And my TDI is fast enough, LOL...........................ohhhh that was sooo wrong, yet sooo right!

SSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
none :-(
now that I've read all 6 pages! I am even more disappointed I won't be able to attend. Sorry cevens no meatballs this GTG...