Have CEL glow plug 01050? I've got a fix and I like it!

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
*rolleyes old thread*. That case came off but my mediocre soldering bulged the case so that's why it looks like I had a mouse open a hole for me. So hah!
zombie thread?

You know there is such a thing as a file? You could take that bulge out with a couple hits with the file or a dremel and a sanding drum. :D

Steve

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
Speaking of old thread... Since I've been on a bit of a relay kick lately and I have one of these laying around, I'll probably bump this thread or kooya's first one if I can figure out what is going on more specifically than what Dick has already pointed out.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
*rolleyes old thread*. That case came off but my mediocre soldering bulged the case so that's why it looks like I had a mouse open a hole for me. So hah!
...so did your relay NOT have the braided strap across the busses, since you had the cover off? If so, was it just burned out? That is what I'm really getting at.

*edit* I seem to have made this code go away, at least for the last 62 miles by simply cleaning the contacts for both underhood 50A fuses. Both of which were quite clean and corrosion free to begin with.

Last edited:

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Beats me as I was 22 years old the last time I did any of this.

Oh boy 10 years of a3/b4 life. What were we thinking!

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
I just left after 11. Still have an A4, but the B4 has a better home now (I hope).