Guide pin help needed.

jaed_43725

Veteran Member
TDI
04' Jetta wagon
I was changing my brakes and behold the bottom guide/slide pins on the caliper carrier were stuck. One of them broke. I drilled it out, but I need all new guide pins and boots. Any place I checked just said that they didn't have them. They instead had some stupid oversize thing that isnt even close to relative to what I need. I found the ones for rear disc, but I have rear drums. And besides I am working on the front anyway.

Does someone have a P/N for the guide/slide pins and boots? Can someone tell me where to get them? Thank you.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
VW only sells them with the carrier :(
your best bet is to find somebody parting out a mk3 2L and buy the pins from them for $25-$30 shipped.

Another option is to upgrade to Corrado G60 brakes or Audi dual piston calipers and corrado brake rotors.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
I am just going to get the stuff from the dealer.

Take a look at what I said above, I looked the parts up in ETKA (VW parts system) and the pins only come with the carrier and you are looking at roughly $100.

The picture is from the parts system.

jaed_43725

Veteran Member
TDI
04' Jetta wagon
Well my drivers side bottom pin broke off inside. And the other holes and so much corrosion that I don't trust them. Rather than risk dealing with that again I am going to get new stuff. I am kinda interested in the Audi upgrade if it uses the same carriers. I will have to read on it more. I do plan on SS brake lines.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
the audi calipers use audi carriers.

If you buy G60 corrado caliper carriers and pins you can easily upgrade to 11" brakes since the G60 corrado and tdi calipers are the same.

jaed_43725

Veteran Member
TDI
04' Jetta wagon
Cant wait really. My truck uses way to much fuel as a daily driver. My brakes are pretty much done now. I wish I would have known about the Audi thing about a week ago. I have S&P slotted rotors and Hawk HP pads on it now.

Also has anyone been using wheel studs? How are they working for you? Which ones do you have? Any pros or cons? I ask because I am really starting to hate wheel bolts.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Do the A3's use the same calipers as the B4's? They seem to have a different part number, but the last 7 digits of them are matching. I always thought they used the same front calipers, can anyone confirm?