• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

FS: PD Engine Valve Cover with new gasket and bolt kit, Catch Can, etc. - Springdale, Ark - $200

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
  • Qty: 1 Valve Cover, with new gasket and new bolts (PN: 038 103 469 AF) - $200 + shipping O.B.O.
    • New gasket and bolt kit
    • Also have catch can kit and hoses I can add (not sure on brand)
My BEW motor bit the dust... As in, the crankshaft broke while in the care of the mechanic... I purchased a clean, running PD150 from Korwerks LLC. After PD150 install, stage II cam, bigger injectors, lots of boost, and retune... My crankcase wasn't venting adequately because of extra hoses, catch can, etc. So my brand new valve cover kit started leaking like crazy. This crankcase vent points towards front bumper, which is perfect when using an aftermarket catch can system.
*This valve cover and catch can setup worked well for me before latest performance mods, so this is great for the normal duty usage.

Everything Below is SOLD:
  1. VW Avus wheels/tires/center caps - $100 for set. (Qty 4) Tires are bad, might make a spare tire.
  2. New VW Avus center caps - $60 for set. (Qty 4) 3 never opened, 1 barely used.
  3. Qty: 4 Darkside Developments PD150 used injectors (PN: 038 130 073 AL) - $400 + shipping
  4. Qty: 4 Korwerks LLC PD150 used Injectors (PN: 038 130 073 AL) - $350 + shipping
  5. 5-Speed South Bend Stage-II daily clutch with single mass flywheel (Kerma SKU: K70316F.HD.OCE) - $300 for local pickup or $325 shipped. Bolts are torque to yield and will need replaced. I will include used bolts so you can ensure bolts you order are correctly sized.
I installed an ERF 6-speed manual transmission, so I no longer need this. I never installed this setup on my car. Original owner didn't care for minor flywheel chatter so he changed to another setup after driving on this setup for a couple of years. He could not remember how many miles he drove on this setup.

I reached out to South Bend and asked about clutch thickness and wear tolerances. I can send the email for proof, but this is what I read:

• Brand new clutch thickness = 0.330" (when compressed)
  • Significant clutch wear thickness = 0.250" (when compressed)
  • Must replace clutch when face is worn to rivets
I took measurements at multiple points of the clutch face:
  • When compressed with vices (0.315", 0.317", 0.317")
  • My vices didn't compress exactly like a pressure plate, so I measured a different way to double check thicknesses
    • Metal plate between clutch plates (0.024") thick
      • Face 1 = 0.143" + Face 2 = 0.147" + 0.024" plate -> Overall thickness = 0.314"
      • Face 1 = 0.141" + Face 2 = 0.148" + 0.024" plate -> Overall thickness = 0.313"
  • Clutch face to rivets (0.066", 0.069", 0.069")
So, I would say the clutch thickness is 0.313" worst case.
  • 0.017" worn from clutch
  • 0.063" wear remaining before thinking about replacement
  • 0.132" wear remaining before wearing down to rivets
  • Roughly 95% of life remaining on clutch facing!

Last edited:

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
I believe all 8 injectors have Bosch PN: 0414720039
I'm working on uploading pics and I can confirm part numbers, just clunky process

Vernadsky

TDI
96, 03
Do you have any part numbers on that? Looking to fit it on an ahu with 02a transmission. Thanks

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
Do you have any part numbers on that? Looking to fit it on an ahu with 02a transmission. Thanks
Sorry, I lost the part number info when I lost the original owners receipt. I couldn't find much info on the parts themselves... I know the previous owner had a 2005 Jetta and I remember this setup fitting my 2005 Golf.

Best I can say is to checkout Kerma for fitment.
SKU: K70316F.HD.OCE shows fitment on everything from 1999-2006. I can't promise this is PN of what I'm offering, but it should be pretty darn close.

Vernadsky

TDI
96, 03
To clarify, are you saying the clutch has 2 years of wear on it? Also, if it is a stage 2 clutch, by the looks of the disc, according to southbends website, it would have to be the stage 2 daily, not the endurance(a 25ftlb difference)

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
I wish I could definitely answer more about the clutch setup honestly. I don't remember if it's an "endurance" or "daily" clutch. To err on the side of caution, let's assume it's a "daily" clutch. I do definitely remember being told it was a stage 2.

As far as clutch use is concerned... The previous owner was a somewhat older gentleman that took care of his car. He swapped his failing auto to this manual trans and swapped again because he didn't care for the flywheel chatter of this setup. He said he didn't need the performance of this setup and eventually went with a more OEM setup... He couldn't remember exactly how long or how many miles he drove on this setup, but he guessed 2 years of light use because he wanted to get some use out of his money.

If anyone has suggestions on measuring wear on clutch, I'd be happy to oblige. Or I can provide more detailed pictures.

Thanks,
Auston

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
How negotiable is the clutch? Like everyone else, I'm only concerned with how many miles are on that clutch, given that new is only about $130 more.

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
How negotiable is the clutch? Like everyone else, I'm only concerned with how many miles are on that clutch, given that new is only about $130 more.
Any reasonable offer considered, worst I can say is no. As I look:

New Kerma clutch without flywheel is $469.39
New Kerma clutch with flywheel is $688.38

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Yikes. I was going by Cascade German's pricing, since they sell the same setup. I'd never do direct business with Kerma, but I think I'm blocked from doing so by Kerma anyways.

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
Yikes. I was going by Cascade German's pricing, since they sell the same setup. I'd never do direct business with Kerma, but I think I'm blocked from doing so by Kerma anyways.
You're correct, Cascade German = $544 for similar setup... Sorry, I was just going off Kerma prices since previous owner bought from them.

Is $350 + shipping fair price for this setup? That's similar Cascade German pricing for new OEM Sachs clutch!

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I'm going to pass, because I don't know how much wear that clutch got, But thank you anyways for your time.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Seems like a good deal for someone.
I've got the stage 2 daily and am putting some decent power to it, haven't had a hiccup.

Free bump!

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
Krash, does yours seem noisy?
I've been researching them on here and hadn't heard anyone mention it before this ad.
Only difference I've read about was just that the engagement point seems to be a bit lower than stock.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Krash, does yours seem noisy?
I've been researching them on here and hadn't heard anyone mention it before this ad.
Only difference I've read about was just that the engagement point seems to be a bit lower than stock.
Not that I notice at all.
Honestly, the pedal is lighter than my old stock clutch. Engagement point will be a bit different because it's not worn (good thing) but you'll get used to it.

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
Updated my posting after selling some things... Not sure what my lightly used valve cover is worth, so I listed as "Or Best Offer"

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
First the injectors are pd150 injectors with stock nozzles? How many miles

Second did your catch can setup prevent the valve cover leak from the extra boost?

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
First the injectors are pd150 injectors with stock nozzles? How many miles

These PD150 injectors are pulled from running PD150 engine purchased from Korwerks and boxed up for storage. These injectors were not remanufactured in any way and have the standard nozzles. Korwerks could not tell me the mileage of the motor so that is unknown.

Second did your catch can setup prevent the valve cover leak from the extra boost?
I believe the catch can setup created my valve cover to leak due to excess pressure not venting correctly under heavy boost... Standard PD150 setup is valve cover vent port to face toward driver (and turbo inlet pipe), roughly 1" ID vent hose that runs a couple inches over to turbo inlet pipe to vent. This valve cover for sale has a vent port facing front bumper.The catch can is mounted by the oil filter housing. My catch can setup has this same 1" hose go to catch can (which slows air flow), then reduces to a 3/8" ID hose that snakes around the world back to turbo inlet pipe... All of this extra hose and restrictions add up... I removed all this, went back to proper PD150 valve cover and I'm leak free. Since I purchased a new PD150 valve cover, I no longer need this one.
*For reference I'm running gtb2260vk turbo with 32 PSI of boost.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
i'm a bit curious how the heck the mechanic could have broken the crankshaft. that seems unheard of....

Auston

TDI
2005 Golf
i'm a bit curious how the heck the mechanic could have broken the crankshaft. that seems unheard of....
You're telling me! Unbelievable but true, unfortunately. I'd happily talk about this outside this listing as to not distract from the sale listing.