Fluid type for manual transmission

9Rockr

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon 5-Spd, BSM Delete
I've got a DUK manual swapped into my 05 TDI. What kind of fluid does it use and does anyone know the capacity?

Tuheeden

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 & 2014 Jetta sportwagon
I am not familiar with that manual transmission I will share that my JSW 6sp tried Motul 75w-90 and it was was to stiff so I moved to Redline MT-LV and now it's buttery smooth. SOOO much better

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The longitudinal manual cars require a different lube than transverse cars do, because they have a hypoid type gearset in the differential.

The part number is G-052-911-A2 (that is for a 1L bottle.... you'll need three as the capacity is about 2.25 L).

9Rockr

TDI
The longitudinal manual cars require a different lube than transverse cars do, because they have a hypoid type gearset in the differential.

The part number is G-052-911-A2 (that is for a 1L bottle.... you'll need three as the capacity is about 2.25 L).

Perfect thanks for the info.

9Rockr

TDI
Quick question. Is there a special tool needed to remove the drain and fill bolts on the DUK transmission? Watching vids on B5.5 VW manual trans fluid changes and it appears there is a special VAG tool (#3357) needed.

Yetii

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDi Passat
Quick question. Is there a special tool needed to remove the drain and fill bolts on the DUK transmission? Watching vids on B5.5 VW manual trans fluid changes and it appears there is a special VAG tool (#3357) needed.
Yes, my manual trans has one. It’s suppose to be on the drain plug but mine was on my fill plug. I swapped my drain and fill plug so the security is on the drain. The tool is a 16mm 12 point tamper proof bit (I believe I bought mine at autozone). Make sure you remove the fill plug first before opening the drain plug.