FEELER: 2000 TDI Jetta w/euro 02m 6spd swap

spoolintdi

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI - 6spd swap
2000 TDI jetta
289,000 miles
Tornado Red
red/black GTI front and rear seats(small rip in bolstering and wear on bottom of driver front)
Koni shocks with lower springs
02m ERF 6spd imported through RyanP
Bigger front brakes from VR6
Straight pipe into single dual tip (actual straight pipe not mufflerectomy)
black plastidipped Audi TT rims with an extra black audi TT spare in the spare well.
6000k HIDs
M3 style rear lip spoiler
JVC head unit with aux and usb
blacked out badges
VDO boost gauge with center starring column mount

I bought this car at 220k more than 3 years ago with a dead auto. Bought the 6spd conversion. My dad and i swapped everything over. Everything but the cruise works. I drive about 100 miles a day for school and most days when I leave school there is a lot of traffic and after being in school all day the last thing i want to do is be in traffic with a stick. I think its time to switch to an automatic. Cruises at 70 mph at 2000rpm and 85mph at 2300rpm. My record for gas mileage is 65mpg. Its a very solid car all around. I would not hesitate to drive cross country. I keep the car waxed so the original paint is in not perfect but very good condition with no fading. New tires within the last couple months

Bad:
With driving on the highway so much the front bumper and hood do have rock chips. The clear started lifting a little on only a couple spots on the front bumper
The universal joints need to be replaced in the axles. Makes a clicking sound when i make tight turns

I’m not sure what I would like to ask price wise. Would I be out of my mind to ask $7k? Please tell me if I’m crazy. I know it seems like a lot but the swap has been proven to work for the past 69k miles and the car is in really good condition. I'll post pictures of the engine and interior as soon as i can.

Im looking at getting a 6spd auto diesel jetta or a CC

Rock Chips and small clear pealing

Just after a wax

Arrival of the auto to 6spd conversion kit

Families driveway
dad=2004 dark grey original 5spd 294k
mom=2002 white auto to 5spd 263k
sister=2003 silver original 5spd 168k
mine=2000 red auto to 6spd 289k

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Yes for a 2000 with almost 300k miles, you are out of your mind :) 2k bucks more like.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
You asked:

Nice body.

No interior pictures, but mentions seat damage.

6K HIDs in halogen housings? Not good.

No mention of last timing belt change.

Tires? brakes? Other possible maintenance requirements?

Needs CV Joints.

All mods are not counted in valuing car.

Assuming it needs tires, brakes, CV joints, timing belt, etc - it's a $2500 car, at best.

spoolintdi

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI - 6spd swap
next TB change is 320k
all maintenance is up to date
brakes were done 6months ago
ad mentions tires are a couple months old

so the 6spd swap should not be included in the price?

I appreciate your guys input but i disagree with $2-2500. thats the cost of the 6spd conversion alone

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Sadly you're not getting your money back on the 6-speed swap. Some buyers may view the auto to manual swap as a liability when compared to an untouched 5-speed TDI. If your car was built as a 5-speed the pricing feedback you're getting is about right. There are more than a few Jetta Sedans in decent condition out there in the $2,000 - $2,500 range.

Whenever you modify a car you should consider it as a sunk cost you may not get back. You've driven nearly 70K miles on the 6 speed, so it's paid off for you. But it doesn't add much, if anything, to the car's value.

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
What Indigo said. 7k is unrealistic. $3k would be doing really well. Or just keep it, do a bit of maintenance here and there and enjoy the car.

vtpsd

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jsw TDI, audi 90 AHU swap
I watch the prices on these often, as I am always looking to replace my trusty mk4 wagon when rust gets the best of it. 7k would have to be an original 5 speed wagon in excellent shape. Your car would be 3k at best.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
a days worth of labor to demod it, including putting a stock five speed in (can be had cheap if you shop around) ... you might even find someone willing to trade you plus $$$$ for their stock manual stuff ... car will be worth pretty much the same with or without six speed or other enhancements ....

tperretta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI and 2011 Sportwagen TDI
next TB change is 320k
all maintenance is up to date
brakes were done 6months ago
ad mentions tires are a couple months old

so the 6spd swap should not be included in the price?

I appreciate your guys input but i disagree with $2-2500. thats the cost of the 6spd conversion alone
Sold the tdi in my sig for $2500, and it was built quite a bit more than yours. Mileage and not the best paint job played a factor.

Briman2021

TDI
None Yet
Sold the tdi in my sig for $2500, and it was built quite a bit more than yours. Mileage and not the best paint job played a factor.
I bought mine for $3k, no rust, rc4+ chip, turbo back exhaust, 17/22, 764's, clean interior, hid retrofit, koni cool overs, boost gauge, couple interior bits upgraded too.

Like others have said, if you want most of your money back, part out the big mods and sell the car for 95% of what you would get with the mods.

tperretta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI and 2011 Sportwagen TDI
ya I've come to the realization that i won't get what i'd hoped. it's OBO
I was super depressed too. Mine had zero rust but the paint job sucked pretty bad. I didn't care much because I had everything built (even a custom transmission). I sold the car for the price of my turbo. My situation required me to sell it or I would have kept it forever.

mrurbina

Vendor
TDI
MK4 jetta tdi , alh wagon
honestly, ebay may be your best bet for a good price. You could do a $500 instant deposit via paypal and cash for the remainder at pick up. It would open you up to a broader audience, may be someone would be willing to throw money down on it just because they like the way it looks. 3rd photo on CL looks like crap btw..make sure they highlight the color.