ETKA numbers for A/C O-Rings

garciapiano

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI (1Z)
I'm planning on rehabbing most of the A/C system with a new compressor, condenser and receiver/drier. I'll be replacing any O-rings on parts I disconnect as I have narrowed down the system leak to the compressor shaft and want to reduce the number of parts I disturb.

Does anyone have the actual ETKA parts numbers of the A/C o-rings needed for the replacement of those components or even better, the part numbers for every o-ring in the system?

I'm not interested in trying to track down a bunch of O-rings randomly on the internet or waste my time buying a kit only to be missing one or two. I really just want to order direct from the dealer if possible since I can guarantee it will be the correct one.

I saw a previous thread where the sizes were mentioned but that doesn't help me... unless someone knows a good online source for A/C o-rings. I'd prefer to use the actual Sanden parts.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
This should be everything:

7H0-820-896 x4

8E0-260-749 x2

8E0-260-749-A x3

1H0-820-749-G x2

Won't go into detail as to where each goes, but they are different sizes so it should be pretty obvious. Also, Volkswagen may have obsoleted or superceded some of these.

Sanden only supplied the compressor. VAG used various suppliers for things. The HVAC case itself is Valeo, the condenser could be Valeo, Behr, Calsonic, Parker, or some other I cannot recall at the time (they switched suppliers early on). Drier is Valeo or Parker usually. The individual lines, not sure, but I would guess Parker or possibly Goodyear.