engine help!

TDI
VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2.0L
Hi all
I have completely scoured the internet for a replacement engine for my 2010 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 2.0L and I simply cannot find one anywhere - any tips? My car has been in the shop for about 2 years now with no luck. Apparently it jump timed and destroyed the engine?
This is a bit of a shot in the dark but I'm at my wits end!
Thank you

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Common failure

Timing chain tensioner is a weak design, let's go a toofs the engine.

Because so many others have died to the same cause, there are not a lot of them out there, and the ones you find are high$$.

Engine can be repaired, but requires removal and sending to and engine rebuilder.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, happens all the time on the EA888 engines, especially the pre-2011 CCTA. I've always been able to get them from Volkswagen, but they are not cheap.

I would imagine that on a 2010 Jetta you are probably better off junking the car, especially if it has already been sitting for two years. Used engines are out there, of course. Not sure why you are having such a hard time finding one.

A quick google search for "CCTA engine" yields all kinds of hits. Even some on eBay, LOL.

jimmyfine

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 2010 JSW TDI, 2014 BMW 328D Wagon
I have a 2009 A3 with a pretty solid CCTA in my driveway I am debating on scrapping if you want. Timing tensioner failed enough to not bend valves, fixed that with all new parts, upgraded rear main deal installed, high temp ignition coils, PVC valve inspected/cleaned, high pressure fuel pump replaced. Before the ECU died it threw the common intake code but was running great till it wouldnt start and the CAN bus said it couldnt connect due to the number of errors it was throwing out. I got a new ECU but need the immobilizer disabled, considering the transmission issues looming with it I lost interest.

about 130,000 on the engine, ran strong, depending on where you are it may not bee too expensive to take the car but it will need towed unless you bring an ECU with the immobilizer disabled. $300 if you pick up.