Dsg/ mechatronics issue?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Y
The oil pump can be replaced without removing the transmission
Yeah I see that. But what damage has the low oil pressure done.. I found a correct low miles dsg for my car. Being my mech seems fine I'll swap those. Malone will retune it for free. I just have to get it done at a shop.. so I'll swap trans and slowly build mine. I found a company that offers upgraded parts for them. Clutches, pump etc. They are made for race applications. To hold up to 550tq at the wheels.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Yeah I see that. But what damage has the low oil pressure done.. I found a correct low miles dsg for my car. Being my mech seems fine I'll swap those. Malone will retune it for free. I just have to get it done at a shop.. so I'll swap trans and slowly build mine. I found a company that offers upgraded parts for them. Clutches, pump etc. They are made for race applications. To hold up to 550tq at the wheels.
oh yeah I saw those companies selling them, very nice stuff. pricey but much more stout for being an TDI. can go stage 4+ without worrying.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
oh yeah I saw those companies selling them, very nice stuff. pricey but much more stout for being an TDI. can go stage 4+ without worrying.
I'll slowly build my current one.i really don't want to open my motor. That's the next step if I go further. Close to the max if my lower end.
From looking this mech unit seems to have a very low failure rate.i have a very hard time finding any with the same pn. so I'll swap my current one into my new dsg. Guessing this trans was run low on fluid and it hurt the pump... Which also means the clutches have probably been slipped.