Donation Fundraiser for Marcell Campbell (buckweat_diesel)

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
Rich,

x2 what Rory wrote.

Is there anything from Portland Marcell would like or would help him out in lifting his spirits?

Let us know before you see him. So we can send it along with you.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Rich,
Please let Marcell know he is in my thoughts.
I send him healing energy every day.
Love to you both, I know it's hard on you too.
~Keli

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Rich, thanks for the update! There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not thinking of Marcell. Please keep us updated, even if very brief.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Update

I spoke with Marcell last week and he gave me permission to provide everyone with a little more detail on how he's healing.

Marcell is maintaining a positive attitude. Originally the Dr's gave him 3 days to live - with last rights read - and he managed to pull through. Because he was so far gone, most of the hospitals and Dr's wouldn't treat him. However, recently, he did find a hospital that would treat him!! His body is responding to the chemo and radiation and he's defied all odds - 3 months later, he still lives and thrives. :D

His medical insurance has denied his claims, stating preexisting condition, so there is still a great need for help to cover medical expenses for his treatments. He is appealing, so hope remains. :eek:

Marcell remains humble in accepting any help that comes his way. His wish is for people to stop and appreciate all that they have and all that is around them. To experience the day with all their senses and feel joy at all that you have in your life, despite any level of negativity you may be experiencing.

Let's continue to help him out in every way we can! The West Coast Forum members raised $300 at the Spring GTG in San Pablo to donate.

Keep your head up, Marcell! Keep getting stronger everyday! :D

Last edited:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I spoke with Marcell last week and he gave me permission to provide everyone with a little more detail on how he's healing.

Marcell is maintaining a positive attitude. Originally the Dr's gave him 3 days to live - with last rights read - and he managed to pull through. Because he was so far gone, most of the hospitals and Dr's wouldn't treat him. However, recently, he did find a hospital that would treat him!! His body is responding to the chemo and radiation and he's defied all odds - 3 months later, he still lives and thrives. :D

His medical insurance has denied his claims, stating preexisting condition, so there is still a great need for help to cover medical expenses for his treatments. He is appealing, so hope remains. :eek:

Marcell remains humble in accepting any help that comes his way. His wish is for people to stop and appreciate all that they have and all that is around them. To experience the day with all their senses and feel joy at all that you have in your life, despite any level of negativity you may be experiencing.

Let's continue to help him out in every way we can! The West Coast Forum members raised $300 at the Spring GTG in San Pablo to donate.

Keep your head up, Marcell! Keep getting stronger everyday! :D
Thanks for the update! This really hit home for me

"His wish is for people to stop and appreciate all that they have and all that is around them. To experience the day with all their senses and feel joy at all that you have in your life, despite any level of negativity you may be experiencing. "

bugget

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS 2000
Hey Zippy, thanks so much for the update! Is the place to donate still the same as the beginning of this thread? Much love for Marcell! Pre-existing condition is the biggest cop out ever. The way I saw it abused is part of why I left the insurance industry :mad:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
UPDATE: 3/27/13
For those who are still interested in donating (and it is surly needed), Marcell is humbly accepting donations and asks that they be delivered to:

Fix Um Haus
C/O Marcell Campbell
7104 N. Lombard Portland, OR 97203

Or

via Paypal to Lisa at lizuka@comcast.net

Checks and cash are of course preferred, as paypal can be a bit of a pain with a bombardment of donations and lock the account.

Thanks for all your help.

Another update on his condition: At one point, Marcell lost his ability to walk. Then, one night he had a dream that he could. So he woke up that morning, sat up and grabbed his walker instead of his wheelchair. He walked around the bed and back again. It exhausted him to the fullest ... but he did it. Sheer will and determination to persevere! A-MAZE-ING!!! :D

Let's keep up the support!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Update: 6.25.13

Just spoke with Marcel. He's hanging on. He just finished his last round of Chemo. It's made him pretty sick, but he's hanging on. He has a PET scan in July to see if the Lymphoma is gone. If it is gone and it doesn't come back within 5 years, then he's officially declared cancer-free and he will never get it again. :D Keep your fingers crossed, positive thoughts, and prayers coming.

He just sold his '70 VW bus, but he's 3 more plus an old beetle. :)

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Wow....Awesome news. A fighter for sure. Way to go!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
He goes in ebbs and flows. Shortly after the march update, he has lost his ability to walk again..Now he's back to walking with a cane, about 2 blocks or so. So he's moving forward as best as he can.

buckweat diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit truck diesel 2000 tdi
yo yo all you tdi freaks im well and alive and back working on tdis at fix um haus im gonna do 150.oo labor timming belts for any tdi club member that needs one and deals on whatever you need im here for you guys for all the support you have shown me im very greatful for this club im walking again out of that wheel chair and sharper and stronger then ever:D im just a little less crazy i think lol

Last edited: