Donation Fundraiser for Marcell Campbell (buckweat_diesel)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
UPDATE: 3/27/13
For those who are still interested in donating (and it is surly needed), Marcell is humbly accepting donations and asks that they be delivered to:

Fix Um Haus
C/O Marcell Campbell
7104 N. Lombard Portland, OR 97203

Or

via Paypal to Lisa at lizuka@comcast.net

Checks and cash are of course preferred, as paypal can be a bit of a pain with a bombardment of donations and lock the account.

Thanks for all your help.

Another update on his condition: At one point, Marcell lost his ability to walk. Then, one night he had a dream that he could. So he woke up that morning, sat up and grabbed his walker instead of his wheelchair. He walked around the bed and back again. It exhausted him to the fullest ... but he did it. Sheer will and determination to persevere! A-MAZE-ING!!! :D

Let's keep up the support!

..................................................................................................
For those of you who may, or may not be aware, our friend Marcell Campbell (buckweat diesel) has recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Marcell is a dedicated Auto Technician at Fix Um Haus, assisting Richard Schuelzke (fixumrich) with the support of VW/Audi/Porche vehicles in the Portland region of Oregon and local Washington state.

To help offset the rising medical costs for the care of Marcell and his family while he undergoes treatment, a fundraising benefit is being held in his honor. :D

CRUISE IN IS OVER
However....

Why: Fundraiser in Marcell's honor to offset rising medical treatment and
living expenses while he's out of work. Any left over funds will be
used in the care and education for Marcell's son, Judah.

How to Donate:
Fix Um Haus
C/O Marcell Campbell
7104 N. Lombard Portland, OR 97203
or

via Paypal
to Lisa at lizuka@comcast.net

Cash or check are preferred, as paypal can be a bit of a pain with a bombardment of gift donations and shut down the account.

The greatest part about TDIClub is that we have stuck together for so many years to support our own, those who have helped us and those who have not. Please take a moment to help one of our own.

The most recent medical update leaves him with 2 months left to share with his friends and family. This is a great improvement over the last estimate of 1 week. :D:eek: Marcell continues to fight back as hard as he can. Let's all band together to give him hope and show him that he's made a difference in our lives too.

Post up to show support! Donate to show you care!
Let's all show him that we care!
:cool:
MARCELL CAMPBELL with his son JUDAH

Last edited:

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Took my B4V into Fixumhaus the day before 2010 TDIFest. They (Marcell and Rich) took care of replacing all ECU hoses with the good stuff. Got rid of my check engine light so I could have a great time at the fest.

Happy to send a donation. Very sorry to hear of the situation. All goes to show we need to appreciate the day, every day.

Also, medical guestimates are just that. Determination is important to survival time. My mother in law lasted 2 years after brain cancer tumor. Predictions were 3 months. A friend of my mother in law passed in just 2 months, but did not have the fight of my mother in law.

LA@JSPerformance.ca

Vendor , w/Business number
So sorry to hear of this.

Would love to attend the cruise in and show our support - but we do not have passports to cross the border. We have sent a donation via PayPal.

Marcell you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Jose and Leigh-Anne

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Donation sent: even though I have never met you Marcel in person I did see you once when I was in PDX a engine swap you had done in a bus which was quite impressive.

I wish I could drive up there this week-end but I have previous engagements that I cannot cancel on this short notice.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Stay strong and fight!

Last edited:

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Donation sent. Never met Marcell in person but had a few great interactions with him on club. The man knows his TDIs and is an all around great guy!

Best wishes to him and his family. I know it's been hard for Rich as well, all the best to him too.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
My thoughts are with Marcel and his family, and also with Rich as I'm sure this is hard on him too! Wish I could make it but sadly cannot attend. Donation will be sent.

bugget

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS 2000
Marcell is a great person, friend and member of the community. He and his family are in my thoughts. Sadly I can't make the fundraiser but I have already made a donation.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Wish I could make it. I have to work.:mad:

I will send healing energy your way, Marcell. Blessings to you.

~Keli

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Donation will be sent on Thursday.

My thoughts are with Marcell and family. He's a wonderful man and a great member here.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
It was a beautiful gtg. So many friends they just kept coming out of the woodwork!

aslspiderman

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta
Bless-up bredren!

I met Marcell last year after purchasing my current 98 jetta from a member in Washington. Stopped in and had some work done at fixumhaus before heading home.

I spent a few years in Jamaica and really enjoyed chatting about my experience there with Marcell. It brought back some wonderful memories of my time there.

Marcell--MI HAIL YUH UP BREDREN, WAA-GWAAN!!! HOW YUH STAY MAN? MI TINKIN BOUT YUH MAN--RISPECK!!! Sorry I saw this thread too late to come up and "chat you up" in person. I'm sure you don't remember our brief encounter but my thoughts are with you and your family man.

BLESS-UP!

Last edited:

geodug

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon TDI 6MT
I just saw this thread today. Sorry Marcell about your health problems. I enjoyed spending a few hours with you and Rich working on my car a few months back.

Looking forward to hearing about your recovery sooner rather than later. All the best from Vancouver, BC.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Crap! I never knew about this till today. Sorry for missing your GTG Marcel. I sent you and Lisa a paypal.

Sandra, Branson, and I send all of you good love and health.

Edit to add: are there any other ways to help like with stem cell transplant suitability tests?

Last edited:

Hakcobra

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
Just saw this today as well :( My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Marcell and Rich this last May. So sorry to hear this. Marcell, you and your family are in our prayers.
Sincerely,
Kevin & Terese Hill

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
I'm glad to see that so many of you are showing your support for our friend, Marcell! I'm also happy to hear that some people were able to attend the Cruise-in, representing TDIclub in the greatest fashion.

Thank you everyone for your support. Let's keep the donations rolling in. The fight's not over yet.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Word has reached my ears that Marcell is planning on going home to the Carribean to see a healer and do what he can to be cured of his ailments. He's still losing weight and he's showing physical signs of the lymphoma. But I understand that Marcell is happy to be returning to the Islands.

I am unsure of how much has been raised in his honor, but I do know that thanks to some very special donors, he's able to make this trip back.

Thanks again, all for your continued support!

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
RE; Marcel

Man, I should be visiting the "Club Site" more often.

I had no idea that Marcel was ill. Damn!! He's a very special guy. Known him and Rich since I first got my wagon 6 years ago.

I love the Fixum Haus guys. So sorry to hear about Marcel health. I don't do Pay Pal, but I'm going to drop by the shop and leave a donation for Rich to pass on to Marcel.

Hope all goes well with his battle.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
So sorry to hear this news... my thoughts and prayers to Marcell and family.

whyfish

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW TDI Wagon auto. transmission
Need Marcell Updates, PLEASE

His health status has been on my mind, too.

C'mon Rich, give us an update.

tadc

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf GLS TDI, '01, Black
Oh no... the Oilhammer fundraiser brought me out of retirement, and I thought I'd poke around while I was here, and saw this. :(

My heart goes out to Marcell and his family.

fixumrich

The Periodontist
TDI
2001 bug
I talk to him twice a week . Not gonna give a location . He is healing but going through hell . As of yesterday he did his second dose of chemo and 4 radiation treatments . I will see him soon and report more on his progress. only under his wishes for me to say . peace R