Distance travel

Tazzman

Veteran Member
SO lets get started

Im coming from the great white north via Ottawa to hitchup with Dr. Dodge
then to the Boarders ( hopefully pass through) with all the beers,,ski's,,snow boards,,,Oh yea Ice,,( by the way its on its way down already,,I dropped in in the waters.
via atlantic should be there in time.
Any ways
Im traveling 1,849 KM
and if driving at the speed limit should take me 21 Hrs and 51 mins

I should be able to make that with only one refill on route,, depending on the wieght factor might have to lighten the load,, on the Brador a little..lololololol
So I'm sure Ive got dr.dodge beat.
Sky puppy
and that guy in Toronto place

Tazz

JS smkn

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
We will have to make sure it is km/miles driven, else I would win for coming without a car. On the other hand, would it count if Drivebywire were to fly someone (maybe with his vehicle) from out west in his cargo plane?

[This message has been edited by VW Derf (edited May 17, 2000).]

Dr.Dodge

Tazz, since I'm picking up the NB TDI next Monday, this beer thing shouldn't be a problem. I'll just fold down the seats, put in one of those inflatable pools, and a few shovel fulls of snow
lol

Anybody out there with an owners manual happen to know what the cargo capacity of a NB is? Since my dad is the manager of a beer store....

Jeff

Tazzman

Veteran Member
Oh no
that means only a case and a half
unless you through out the skis and ice
in the back seat you might get another one in!!!!!
lololol

Flying doesnt count
You have to drive it
I get my Canadian geese and convoy some of the white stuff down,,
and it ain t snow

Tazz

JS SMKN

S

SkyPup

The little NB trunk space is about 10 cubic foot, with the seat folded down it is truly huge, I have stuffed an entire 35" 140 pound Sony TV set in a super huge box in there and gotten the lid closed, hard to believe but absolutely true.

Maybe the Canada Geese will have begun their annual migration down here by then and you guys can simply follow them down! Be sure to have your windshield wiper washer filled up with wiper fluid though, they sure can dump a load and make ahuge mess of the windshield!!!
LOL

Dr.Dodge

Skypup, I was actually a little more concerned with weight capacity. I hate dragging bumpers on the ground!

Oh yeah...in Canada we we learn to 'dodge' falling debris.. lol

Jeff

CWO4

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Green
I'm trying my da**est to get there from Iceland. Of course gotta fly, then drive from Norfolk VA, but a whole lot of miles anyway. Besides I'm a bubba from North Carolina, just displaced by Uncle Sam.

CWO4

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Green
I'm trying my da**est to get there from Iceland. Of course gotta fly, then drive from Norfolk VA, but a whole lot of miles anyway. Besides I'm a bubba from North Carolina, just displaced by Uncle Sam.