Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

n1d0n

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf tdi wolfsburg and 1986 toyota pickup SASed AHU tdi
YAY done I was on the last step since 1:00 this afternoon cause I was taking my time... I finally got in again and finished.

SylQuebec

TDI
JEtta 2009
Everything was completed and i just stop where it ask for the bill of sale. I buy it from a used car business... and im not really the kind of guys that keep document like that...
What can i do or provide?

NSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat
Got mine done, dollars were exactly what what on the CBB site in January and last week.
Forgot to say, my 146,000KM 6 speed, sport package, no nav, Comfortline trade price is $10,895, my buyback is $17,013. Seems kind of low on the trade price but I guess they need to discount some for the possibility it needs brakes and has a small dent on the right front fender.................... I also have extended warranty 200,000KM's or Sep 18.

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
The portal not working on macs? keeps reloading the main page.
I've got the same issue. I don't think it's a Mac issue, I tried on all three browsers (Chrome, Safari and Firefox) on my iMac and Safari and Firefox on my MacBook Pro, then I went into my Windows partition on my MacBook Pro and tried with Internet Explorer. Same issue each time.

I am pretty frustrated. I have all the documents lined up, ready to go. If this keeps up I'll just send in a paper form by snail mail....

Edit: just after I posted this I got in and completed the process. All documents submitted, now we wait. Buyback + trade.

Last edited:

PlaneCrazy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gone...
Forgot to say, my 146,000KM 6 speed, sport package, no nav, Comfortline trade price is $10,895, my buyback is $17,013. Seems kind of low on the trade price but I guess they need to discount some for the possibility it needs brakes and has a small dent on the right front fender.................... I also have extended warranty 200,000KM's or Sep 18.
Mine is $15337 plus $5500 sorry money = $20837. Price for tax purposes ("fair market value") was $12650.

Not Happy With VW

TDI
Jetta TDI
finally got to input mine, same numbers as the cbb estimator
2013 Jetta TDI with 119 000km
$14750 plus $ 5500 =$20250
Trade in value is $10400
Suggestive appointment date provided was May 13th
I hope that's accurate, if not sooner.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Done at around 2300 EST. Controlled the urge to nickname the car to F**KuVW.

Smokin_Joe

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI Highline returned for refund
US funds paid to Canadians on the Settlement???

don't forget to add the exchange rate as we will be compensated in US $$$
I have not heard this before....WE as in Canadians with cars purchased at Canadian Dealers will be paid in US funds....???

Why would this be true?
I haven't read a thing saying we would be paid in US funds.

SteveW928

TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI (Platinum Grey Metallic)
I have not heard this before....WE as in Canadians with cars purchased at Canadian Dealers will be paid in US funds....???
We can dream, I guess. They gave US folks the same $5100 USD and didn't convert to CAD for us... and the wholesale price they quote me for my car seems more like US than CBB. (If true, they're telling me a 5yr, super-low mileage, great resale value vehicle lost 2/3 of it's value that quickly... and it's way less than I remember them selling for back pre-scandal.)

Anyone know if we're supposed to fill in kilometers in the 'mileage' spot, or convert to miles?

Last edited:

Bajszi

TDI
2011 Golf SW
It's a Canadian website, plus only Canadian VINs are eligible which means you must have kms in your vehicle. The website never mentioned "convert your kms to miles" so I take it that it's kms and CAD.

SteveW928

TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI (Platinum Grey Metallic)
It's a Canadian website, plus only Canadian VINs are eligible which means you must have kms in your vehicle. The website never mentioned "convert your kms to miles" so I take it that it's kms and CAD.
You're probably right. The numbers are a bit more realistic the other way, but after filling it out, I saw it said 'mileage' everywhere and started to wonder.

tdi604

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I got $22500 estimate for my 2011 Golf TDI with approximately 63500km on the claims portal.
Doesn't look like the estimate will decrease unless I go over 70000km.
Would you put on another 6000km before booking an appointment or get your money back as soon as possible.
I'm thinking I should use it for all it's worth but at the same time is 6000km worth the risk of the car possibly breaking down or getting into an accident?

NSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Passat
I got $22500 estimate for my 2011 Golf TDI with approximately 63500km on the claims portal.
Doesn't look like the estimate will decrease unless I go over 70000km.
Would you put on another 6000km before booking an appointment or get your money back as soon as possible.
I'm thinking I should use it for all it's worth but at the same time is 6000km worth the risk of the car possibly breaking down or getting into an accident?
With no warranty? If yes, I'd say the risk of a big repair outweighs the benefit of keeping the car another 6000KM. How long will that 6000KM take? Maybe the CBB will be adjusted down over time, but I guess the value is supposed to be locked in as at Sep 18/15?

In my case, the value is $17,013 for a 3 year old car with about 90,000KM's (in Sep/15), seems pretty low so I'd wonder if there is another factor like present age (now 4.5 years old) that may effect the CBB value? Expiry of the buyback is another 1.5 years approx.

I'd be getting rid of the car for the BB.

tdi604

TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Good point about the lack of warranty. Does your estimate include the damages payment? Does seem on the low side if it did but my Golf is a Highline so I did pay a premium for it. Also can't put a price tag on peace of mind and not losing sleep over this dragged out debacle.

vwrust

TDI
Golf 2010
It turns out if you have 2 registered owners you just put in one at the start and it asks you for the second way later in the process. I wish they had noted that at the start. I would have been done before the website went down if I had not tried calling them. I still have not received a call back. Anyhow it finally seems to be working. Hopefully this whole mess is almost done! I want it out of my driveway!

vwrust

TDI
Golf 2010
Has anyone had their documents reviewed? Mine have been received and are being reviewed, as they have been for the last hour and a half. Should I assume I will get no further until Monday or have others been getting past this?