Diesel Particulate Filter Dash Light

02BoraTDI

TDI
2014 Jetta Wagon
Recently my Diesel Particulate Filter light activated and I can not get it to turn off. I have read the manual and drove last evening at 45mph in 4th gear for 30mins and it still will not turn off. I am new to the emissions system in this 2014 Jetta since my older 3 TDI's did not have this feature.

Any help is appreciated or just point me to the correct thread to get my answer.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
It might be full. Do you know anyone with a vagcom? How many miles are left on your emmisions extended warranty? I think the DPF is covered in that, so a trip to the dealer is probably your best option.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Best to see the dealer if your Extended Emissions Warranty is still in effect as stated. What kind of driving do you do? A lot of short trips? How many miles on the car? Has the fix been done?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The DPF light can come on for both the DPF itself AND the deNOx catalyst, but in any case "drive the car" is the short answer. However, I have found that often there can be other pending DTCs floating about that can cause some poor performance with the DPF/deNOx cat. Best to avail yourself of the car's OBD to at least get a better idea of what is causing it.

Lately the deNOx catalysts are failing left and right because the parameters were tightened up so much with the "fix". And what is stupid is, the DTC will not clear (even with VCDS). They also can be weak from a failed (cracked) DPF previously.