Continuing COVID changing your driving habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
As of last count 11 fellow marines and 1 navy corpsman killed yesterday, all thanks to the incompetence and mind numbing failures of the current US leadership. The highest death toll in more than six years. It might even be the highest death toll in the last 6 years or more combined. Thoughts and prayers to those families.

The desperate people falling from the exterior of airplanes at the Kabul airport, the flood of refugees at the Pakistan border, the marines and the likely resurgence of regional and probably worldwide terrorism that will result from this decision is all on the heads of the same folks who brought us The KKK, Slavery, Jim Crow ,counting others as 3/5’s of a man and other great ideas (sarcasm) and those who put them back in power.

That flag by the way is not the symbol of the party of Lincoln but the exact opposite. Such a proud history.

Calling or suggesting others are racist is a common tactic in our society and in political discourse today when the ideas that you espouse don’t seem to be getting much traction, mostly done by one political group.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg
Everyone.. you do realize this "evacuation" of US troops was a deal which was manufactured during the Trump presidency with the Taliban. US left all those weapons for the Taliban to use. Please Snap back to reality. This is business as usual.

Non of this would have happened if Saddam was still alive. He was not a good man, but boy did he keep the middle east in check-- Remember the time everyone thought there were wmd's in Iraq.

BTW, if you are not catching this piece of news, the 9/11 families are rejecting Biden's presence during the 20th anniversary of the event. Turns out it was indeed the Saudis that did it and the families are demanding the Pentagon release that information, which obviously they will not.

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
That flag by the way is not the symbol of the party of Lincoln but the exact opposite. Such a proud history.
Oops, sorry did it sound that way? Ill look at the post and reword it if that is the conclusion you came to. I was saying that Lincoln made the outcome of the war to decide if slavery would be abolished or not. I know that the flag was of the south...that's where we get general lee (car), and Jefferson Davis (Confederate president).

Tdijarhead: I see what you meant i edited and hopefully it makes sense now. I read it before but wasn't thinking of it that way. I changed it now so it should read better and make more sense. Thank you for catching that!🙂

Last edited:

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I
Oops, sorry did it sound that way? Ill look at the post and reword it if that is the conclusion you came to. I was saying that Lincoln made the outcome of the war to decide if slavery would be abolished or not. I know that the flag was of the south...that's where we get general lee (car), and Jefferson Davis (Confederate president).

Tdijarhead: I see what you meant i edited and hopefully it makes sense now. I read it before but wasn't thinking of it that way. I changed it now so it should read better and make more sense. Thank you for catching that!🙂
I wasn't looking at your flag comment, I was referring to the one by Gearheadgrrrl about flags as a symbol of slavery and genocide.

The pull down was orderly and would not have resulted in leaving all those weapons to the taliban, that equipment belonged to the regular Afghan army until the country fell apart and it was abandoned by the Afghan army because of the incompetent interference on the part of those who know nothing about anything.

Saddam was a man of pure evil, the world is better off without him. What had been put in place by the former administration at the end of nearly 20 years of American involvement in Afghanistan was working and would have allowed for a peaceful transition until the unmitigated disaster of allowing the left to put it's stamp on foreign policy. We were already just a few weeks to a more or less complete pull out which as you said was put in place by the former administration. Mr Depends decided to do it NOW, so the left can claim to have ended the war, and brought the troops home?? That's the only reason I can think of then they won't have to give credit for America exiting Afghanistan to anyone else.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It's tragic what happened in Afghanistan yesterday. I'm not sure an orderly withdrawal was ever a real possibility. Every country invading that region has come to regret it. If you must play the blame game, blame Bin Laden.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you personally know Saddam? Or are your opinions of him capped off from what was fabricated by US propaganda. Did you ever get news of the eye-witnessed 11-17 dumptrucks filled with Saddam's gold-bullions which mysteriously went missing lol. Iraq was a well orchestrated smash-and-grab.

And take for example how the public here are so worried about the Taliban's treatment of their women, yet there is no mention of how they are also forcing the men to keep a beard.

How about the rights of the women and children in Palestine? You know, those people who are forcefully being removed (if not then killed) from their land by the help of the US government. Colonization/genocide 101 stuff going on there...
There is soo much oil off the coast of Palestine, Israelis are selling it to neighboring countries. That conflict has nothing to do with religion, only that religion is used for blame and distraction.

The general population here pick and choose their "issues" with the middle east based on what they are fed by news corporations, and all 11 of the largest news corps and their subsidiaries are owned by Wall St.

I'll be here all day to adjust your perception on the actual truth. I've come this far and sacrificed so much of my own freedom (harassment from cia and fbi), what's a little bit more off their skin ;)

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Did you personally know Saddam? Or are your opinions of him capped off from what was fabricated by US propaganda. Did you ever get news of the eye-witnessed 11-17 dumptrucks filled with Saddam's gold-bullions which mysteriously went missing lol. Iraq was a well orchestrated smash-and-grab.

And take for example how the public here are so worried about the Taliban's treatment of their women, yet there is no mention of how they are also forcing the men to keep a beard.

How about the rights of the women and children in Palestine? You know, those people who are forcefully being removed (if not then killed) from their land by the help of the US government. Colonization/genocide 101 stuff going on there...
There is soo much oil off the coast of Palestine, Israelis are selling it to neighboring countries. That conflict has nothing to do with religion, only that religion is used for blame and distraction.

The general population here pick and choose their "issues" with the middle east based on what they are fed by news corporations, and all 11 of the largest news corps and their subsidiaries are owned by Wall St.

I'll be here all day to adjust your perception on the actual truth. I've come this far and sacrificed so much of my own freedom (harassment from cia and fbi), what's a little bit more off their skin ;)

I prefer not to delve into Bigfoot, Loch Ness and other assorted conspiracy theories. If Saddams gold disappeared then likely the WMD's went down the same hole.

I absolutely agree that the news corporations are biased, partisan and a bunch of out right liars who happen to love conspiracy theories, remember Russia, Russia Russia, night and day for 5 years.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Basically everybody picks their biased news and that's what they follow. Poor King picks his from the middle east, gearheadgrrrl picks hers from CNN or new York times, glowbugtdi picks his from a conservative source, each one is biased, and honestly I don't 100% believe any of them. Each one has some truth, but each reporter or company has a bias.
I heard a saying, and this was before the internet, but it was "don't believe anything you "hear" and only half of what you see"

And I'm not at all saying that everyone else is biased and I'm not. I know I am biased. I have a completely different perspective than a lot of people, and that's fine.
I also am not saying there is no such thing as truth. There IS truth, and it can be found. And sometimes it's not what it may seem to be. Take for example Saddam Hussein. Was he a good guy or bad guy? Most people here will say he was an evil man, but others may say he was a great guy. Both cannot be true, though there can be a combination, someone who does some good things but also some really bad ones. One person may point to how he treated a certain group of people, and say "look, he was a great guy!" Another person may look at how he was the leader of a terror organization and look at what was done and they will only see that, and will say he was an evil guy. ****** was another one, he really brought the German economy out of a hole. Was he a great guy, or an evil guy? I think we very clearly know the answer to that one. The millions of people he sent to a gas chamber and the millions of documented atrocities he committed make that very clear.

When we look at an issue, we look at it through our glasses, and we all think we are the ones who are right. Obviously, we have the facts, right? But do we have ALL the facts?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
This thread got Godwinned a while back. Can't blame you for missing it though. Half of these posts are word salad. :D

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
I prefer not to delve into Bigfoot, Loch Ness and other assorted conspiracy theories. If Saddams gold disappeared then likely the WMD's went down the same hole.

I absolutely agree that the news corporations are biased, partisan and a bunch of out right liars who happen to love conspiracy theories, remember Russia, Russia Russia, night and day for 5 years.

Speaking of WMD ..... If the Military was "smart" they would have left a smallish nuke or nukes on the abandoned bases .....

When the bases were overrun and all the Taliban and its leaders came for "their" bounty (all the weapons left behind, the bases themselves etc) ....
We detonate ... taking care of keeping the weapons out of the hands of the bad guys , taking out the potential leaders of the Taliban and making
extraction of our allies / citizens "easier" since all the attention would be diverted to the atomic blast (cover story : it must have been one of the never found WMD left over from the Saddam days that got in the hands of the Taliban).

If the nuke(s) was / were too big , then I guess airlifting would be a moot point since everything and everyone was inadvertently vaporized.

Whether we take credit for the explosion or blame it on the proliferation of nukes and lost nukes can be thought through later.

Hmmmm.... Maybe I'm a 7 star general in the making! (yes, 7 stars ..... the idea was that good BUT I will admit the general concept came from the Road warrior movie).

Andrew

PS - Cia etc .... If that was our plan sorry for giving it away

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
Wow, a Saddam fanboy...
You must not play chess. When Saddam was killed, a big vacuum was created and the reason why there is more chaos in the middle-east today than ever before. There would be no ISIS or Taliban or Al-Quada.... at least not in the manner they exist today.

With Saddam out of the picture, the West was able to do conduct their business whichever way they liked. Saddam was bad and his son's were even worse, no question about it and they deserved what they got; but what exactly did they do to the US to peak our interest? Absolutely nothing.

Matter of fact is that Iraq was stripped off 20trillion worth of oil and close to 30trillion worth of gold bullions calculated by experts. And on this side of the pond, our federal reserve was stripped off millions sent to Iraq (in Cargo planes with FED seals) to reconstruct the Iraqi government... all stolen by US contractors and soldiers.

Btw, I can provide citations and can be fact-checked for everything I mention. I'll start with most recent comment on Saddam, and I can go back all the way to the dump trucks if you'd like.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
For those of us that are older, the evacuation of Kabul reminds me of the evacuation of Siagon. Poeple flooding the embassy and hanging off the runners of the helicopters until their arms gave out. Lots of weapons, trucks, aircraft, and other things left on the ground for the Vietcong. The evacuation was agreed upon with the previous administration and the current one just accelerated the time frame. Would it have gone any smoother by stretching it out for several more months, maybe but probably not. The dependence was all on the Afgan army to maintane a strong force against the Taliban. That didn't happen. As someone else mentioned, Afganistan has been a war ground for a long time. It used to be a very furtile valley linking east to west cultures. It is now a study of how not to try to rule another country. We didn't learn the lessons of the Russian occupancy, much as we did not learn the lessons from the French in Southeast Asia.

For those comments about which flag does or does not stand for slavery and genocide, I suggest a closer look at the history of the European occupation and expansion on the North American continent. How many native peoples were killed, uprooted, and just declared non-human at the costs of land, water, gold, oil....?

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
You must not play chess. When Saddam was killed, a big vacuum was created and the reason why there is more chaos in the middle-east today than ever before. There would be no ISIS or Taliban or Al-Quada.... at least not in the manner they exist today.
The problems in the middleeast were created long before Saddam was even born. Most of the issues can be linked back to the British occupation of the region and then deciding which families got to rule which parts of the dessert when they left. Imagine if each British territory in North America was set up as a seperate nation in the early 1700s. Can you imagine the wars and strife and suffereing for what is now the US and Canada.?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes, very similar imagery to the Saigon evacuation. ISIS will pay for the bombing yesterday. You can count on that.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Speaking of WMD ..... If the Military was "smart" they would have left a smallish nuke or nukes on the abandoned bases .....

When the bases were overrun and all the Taliban and its leaders came for "their" bounty (all the weapons left behind, the bases themselves etc) ....
We detonate ... taking care of keeping the weapons out of the hands of the bad guys , taking out the potential leaders of the Taliban and making
extraction of our allies / citizens "easier" since all the attention would be diverted to the atomic blast (cover story : it must have been one of the never found WMD left over from the Saddam days that got in the hands of the Taliban).

If the nuke(s) was / were too big , then I guess airlifting would be a moot point since everything and everyone was inadvertently vaporized.

Whether we take credit for the explosion or blame it on the proliferation of nukes and lost nukes can be thought through later.

Hmmmm.... Maybe I'm a 7 star general in the making! (yes, 7 stars ..... the idea was that good BUT I will admit the general concept came from the Road warrior movie).

Andrew

PS - Cia etc .... If that was our plan sorry for giving it away
"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh, depending on the breaks." - Gen. Buck Turgidson

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
I hate to agree with Poor King on the mustachioed one but..

As far as blaming any particular president for this current mess, we should be blaming all of the last ten. And the rest of the career members of the insiders club that made it standard operating procedure to get us into places we shouldn't be.

Last edited:

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
The problems in the middleeast were created long before Saddam was even born. Most of the issues can be linked back to the British occupation of the region and then deciding which families got to rule which parts of the dessert when they left. Imagine if each British territory in North America was set up as a seperate nation in the early 1700s. Can you imagine the wars and strife and suffereing for what is now the US and Canada.?
You are a 100% accurate. Nearly all wars the world has endured is for a direct result for how the British divvied up their regions of stronghold, even down to Hong Kong most recently.

The war between Iraq and Kuwait was just that too. The British gave Kuwait access to water ports for trading which they fenced-of to Iraq.

Same goes for my country of Bangladesh and our independence from West Pakistan in 1971: it was a direct result of the mischievous tactics the British deployed to force us against one another.

Speaking of my country which is 95% Muslim populated, did you know we've had a women (not just the one, but two) as our prime minister for over 2 decades? Hope that breaks the "Muslims don't allow women...." stereotype.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I don't care about that crap hole part of the world. So long as it stays over there. There is ALWAYS going to bad, so just keep it where it isn't in our back yard. Those people wouldn't know what peace and stability is if it slapped them in the face. They can have all the beat up Corollas and sand and 1960s Russian machine guns they want. They want to wear a bedspread and flip-flops and fire off RPGs at each other, go for it.

Fighting and killing people over which idiot fairy tail religious CRAP you want to believe in is just plain STUPID.

Last edited:

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't care about that crap hole part of the world. So long as it stays over there. There is ALWAYS going to bad, so just keep it where it isn't in our back yard. Those people wouldn't know what peace and stability is if it slapped them in the face. They can have all the beat up Corollas and sand and 1960s Russian machine guns they want. They want to wear a bedspread and flip-flops and fire off RPGs at each other, go for it.

Fighting and killing people over which idiot fairy tail religious CRAP you want to believe in is just plain STUPID.

Smh... If only you realized that the reason we get to enjoy so much in this country is directly because the wars there. Do you understand the amount of resources the American public needs on a daily basis and do you comprehend how much oil is needed to sustain our greedy way of life. Get real man this was never about religion. That is just the boogie man you grew up to believe in lol.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Can we get back to debating whether A4s are worth repairing?
It depends on what kind of shape they're in and how much the repair is going to cost. Cost-benefit analysis can be applied to many things. Although with A4s, one also has to include sentiment into the equation.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
Saw a 1st gen Audi Allroad on the road the other day. Made sure I got a good look at the driver because he must be a unicorn.

oilhammer

TDI
Poor King; EXACTLY. We get to enjoy normal life while chaos ensues elsewhere. I am fine with that. It sucks, but bad people (chaos) are going to be SOMEWHERE. So long as it isn't here, I'm good. We agree on something then. Don't bring your wars here please. Keep them wherever it is you are from (I thought you were going back, to fight more wars? No?)

Yeah, here it is:

You were selling everything to go back and fight in some holy war. That not pan out? You were being chased by the CIA, the FBI, the NBA, the NRA, the JCCA, and Pennywise, and....

Last edited:

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm sorry the truth and reality is hard to fathom but no, not exactly. If you look around this country and see peace then you must be blinder than Ray Charles. Where you not present when we had a black lives movement or when the capitol hill riots took place? Do you not realize we have a War Monger as a president?!

And yes-- I fight wars where ever I go. I war on the ignorant with my knowledge. I war on the oppressive by taking back my GOD given human rightS, and by force if I have to. I war daily on misconceptions of religious ideology which has caused my people to suffer for many decades now under false pretenses of this governments propaganda...

And Yes. I am waiting for a country or a proper military group which is willing to take down Israel. Then I will drop my screwdriver and be off to fight for people who are subjugated to oppressive violence every single day.

You can keep safe here and uncaring of what happens around the globe, which is actually a very un-american mentality. Quite selfish one imho. So you must be totally against US military occupation in all of the middle east, am I getting this right?

oilhammer

TDI
Where was I? Safe at home.

I am against any military occupation in any part of the world besides the USA and our allies, and I wish we'd just use our far superior technology to monitor things from space, and when something looks threatening, deal with it from afar. We don't need to be nation building in a world where the people don't even comprehend the meaning of a nation.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
And I quote myself "Depending on the circumstances all my vehicles and mk2 ALH project may be up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.