Continuing COVID changing your driving habits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
'91 Jetta, '91 GTI, '04 Touareg

This whole "women's right thing" is just front for what is really going on behind the scenes. And it justifies/sells well with the American public because omg-we-know-what-is-best-for-the-world.

(Search for articles on the vast amounts of Opium that was stolen from Afghanistan hence the opioid epidemic here). They had to make nice with the Taliban because we were never going to defeat them, and Afghanistan just so happens to be a mineral haven. Took this government 30+ years to realize the taliban could not be defeated just like the Russians learned that lesson the hard way in the 80's. Nevertheless, countries such as UK and China are also handing bids to the Taliban for the resources. The horrific images you see and the current status of Afghanistan is singularly our fault.

And let's not forget the billions made in arsenal contracts and sales. We may have lost the war, but our government officials and the president's in seat during these wars surely made-off.

Last edited:

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
That reporter ended up reverting to become a Muslim. That says a lot about how women are treated in the religion.

And what kind of idiot/s take a school trip to Afghanistan: It's the largest war zone on this planet.
Not what i thought you were gonna say, but dang man. Yep, i agree with that. I totally thought you were saying that the taliban were "nice people". The only thing i can't agree with is that their all people who don't want/care about our country. There are plenty of people over there who are not at all interested in the taliban. Why some of those arerican are over there idk, but ive seen the stories and i can't imagine some of them being ok with this. Even Afghanistan's own people were willing to fight for their country, and like the video i shared most likely will die now due to us pulling put.

Last edited:

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Afghanistan's own fellow Afghanistanians.

These people are Californians like those people in the "Minnesota man flies to Syria to join ISIS" news stories are Minnesotans.
I understand what your saying, and yes i know it happens probably more then we know. But i don't think its safe to assume that all the Americans went there because of politics. We can't assume they all went there to join the Taliban, and right now were dealing with thousands of lives.
Not all people just want to move and become immigrants in our country. A lot of the Afghanistan people don't deserve this, they like the most of us (and probably more so) dont want the taliban. The Taliban who the US has now helped even more by leaving military supplies when they pulled out (they were told to).

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI

This whole "women's right thing" is just front for what is really going on behind the scenes. And it justifies/sells well with the American public because omg-we-know-what-is-best-for-the-world.

(Search for articles on the vast amounts of Opium that was stolen from Afghanistan hence the opioid epidemic here). They had to make nice with the Taliban because we were never going to defeat them, and Afghanistan just so happens to be a mineral haven. Took this government 30+ years to realize the taliban could not be defeated just like the Russians learned that lesson the hard way in the 80's. Nevertheless, countries such as UK and China are also handing bids to the Taliban for the resources. The horrific images you see and the current status of Afghanistan is singularly our fault.

And let's not forget the billions made in arsenal contracts and sales. We may have lost the war, but our government officials and the president's in seat during these wars surely made-off.
All i was saying is what's going to happen to the women is terrible, and you would think that all the womens rights activists here in the states would be outraged. But no, only when it's their rights they think are being invaded on. Which is a bunch of crap here.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Afghanistan was a country that had been fairly peaceful for the last couple of years. The taliban was mostly relegated to some out lying areas and yes they made some noise now and again but mostly kept to their caves and huts. Not a single US military casualty in the last 18 months says it all as far as how the country was progressing and how the taliban had been defeated. Not stamped out but defeated and isolated.

That has been thrown out the window by such gross negligence and incompetence it makes the head spin. The Pakistan border is being flooded with people trying to get out. A group of American students and teachers is stranded, that should tell you how safe Afghanistan had become in the last few years, so much so that actual tourism was becoming possible. Would tourism have become a thing in the next few years? We will never know now because who wants to visit a place where if you don’t dress right or have a bible app on your phone you face execution by having your head cut off with a dull knife. If you’re a woman you face a beating once a day whether you need it or not. (Sarcasm)

Watch as Afghanistan goes back to the Middle Ages and all the gains which might actually have made Afghanistan a shining example of democracy in the Mid East have been thrown away. It certainly can’t even hope to become that now.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
If I were president the army would have been deployed nationwide to handle the day-to-day of the fellow citizens until we were done with it. Men and women of the National Guard and army follow orders without Waaaah-ing. It would have took me 2 months tops, and yes the borders to all states would have been closed/limited to healthy commuters & logistics.
You’d have found out REAL quickly just how wrong you’d be. And those National Guard troops, they’re your average guy next door, and they absolutely would not have followed those illegal orders, and they would not have to. I have several classmates who are 1 and 2 star generals now (USMA ’92) and can tell you they’d never give those orders if they were issued. This isn’t a dictatorship and they don’t follow the CIC’s orders blindly, since the Constitution doesn’t allow them to.

Last edited:

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
One way or another their still trapped. Treated nice or not...more the latter.

Women are going to be forced to live simple lives and won't be allowed to hold positions of power or jobs deemed for "men". They won't have a voice. Not to mention all the ones that may be killed.
You seem to be struggling for an issue to use against Biden & the Democrats. Sorry, Afghanistan won't work- A republican gave us this trillion dollar disaster.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Well whose in charge here pulling out? Have you not been paying attn to the news? Democrats nothing, this is the biden and his buddys.
Why is it always about sides with you?

Even cnn is roasting him. Can you not see his failings as president?

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Afghanistan was a country that had been fairly peaceful for the last couple of years. The taliban was mostly relegated to some out lying areas and yes they made some noise now and again but mostly kept to their caves and huts. Not a single US military casualty in the last 18 months says it all as far as how the country was progressing and how the taliban had been defeated. Not stamped out but defeated and isolated.

That has been thrown out the window by such gross negligence and incompetence it makes the head spin. The Pakistan border is being flooded with people trying to get out. A group of American students and teachers is stranded, that should tell you how safe Afghanistan had become in the last few years, so much so that actual tourism was becoming possible. Would tourism have become a thing in the next few years? We will never know now because who wants to visit a place where if you don’t dress right or have a bible app on your phone you face execution by having your head cut off with a dull knife. If you’re a woman you face a beating once a day whether you need it or not. (Sarcasm)

Watch as Afghanistan goes back to the Middle Ages and all the gains which might actually have made Afghanistan a shining example of democracy in the Mid East have been thrown away. It certainly can’t even hope to become that now.
Democracy will never work in a country where there are ~12 different tribes within. That have their own senior leaders and opinions, which form the country of Afghanistan. People should read and understand the opposite side before jumping in. Simple idea which could be applied to many prior instances, i.e. Yugoslavia, Vietnam, Irag/Iran, Libya. Plus why impose a democratic ideology to a people who maybe don't want it. Why do western countries try to impose this, have to impose this to other countries?? This is a question we should be asking ourselves. Maybe there are countries in the world that don't want this type of ideology?? We all know.....well I hope we all are smart enough to know (and this is an opinion from someone outside your country looking at things with a different lens)..... that the reason the US entered is not because the general public wanted them too, but as mentioned earlier the 'war' machine along with corporations and powerful people, all entwined want too. Makes them more money. Pushes their agendas further. Everything that is happening now with CV19 is another great example. Can't start another war, lets get creative. Look at who benefited monetary wise from the beginning to now and continues to benefit (bezos, waltons, rothschild, etc.). In the past 18 months the wealthy have ten fold amplified their personal wealth compared to the diminishing middle class and lower. The gap between these groups has widen so much its crazy to look at and think about.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Rothschild? I know exactly which dark, moldy crevice that opinion emanates from.

taleAwaggin

Veteran Member
TDI
rollin in my two point oh, panoramic back so my hair can blow
The whole thing with you moldy people versus us righteous people is dumb. And that whole team republican versus team democrat thing is so lame.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
Well whose in charge here pulling out? Have you not been paying attn to the news? Democrats nothing, this is the biden and his buddys.
Why is it always about sides with you?

Even cnn is roasting him. Can you not see his failings as president?
The mistake was keeping our troops in Afghanistan in the first place, that commitment made an easy exit impossible. Sounds like you'd prefer we spend another 20 years and trillions more dollars there.

Humanaquarian

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
I have always been someone who is very interested in details, and doing things, and figuring things out. Either figuring out how something works, or why it no longer does.

I also READ a lot, which another thing that blows my mind that a lot of people don't do, or perhaps never did. I probably read 20+ books a year. I think that helps keep the gray matter "moving", so yeah even if everything else fails, hopefully I will still have that. :D
Haha, just going to reply here. Good to see you Oil! You helped me a lot back in the day. Im back in diesel land and loving it. I too am looking for land outside the city here in STL. No luck yet. Got any land with springs, caves and a blackberry tree?

Poor King

Veteran Member
TDI
You’d have found out REAL quickly just how ring you’d be. And those National Guard troops, they’re your average guy next door, and they absolutely would not have followed those illegal orders, and they would not have to. I have several classmates who are 1 and 2 star generals now (USMA ’92) and can tell you they’d never give those orders if they were issued. This isn’t a dictatorship and they don’t follow the CIC’s orders blindly, since the Constitution doesn’t allow them to.
In theory that is what needs to be done to contain such a virus. But you are right that it would not work due to the structure of this government and the freedom accustomed to by it's people. Plus, all other countries would have to take the exact precautions to contain covid.

Covid got out of hand when our politicians saw it as an opportunity to bode well as a public image. And too many states were late to take precaution and it has caught up to them now....

As for the other topic at-hand @GlowBugTDI -- Understand that how the Taliban forces their women and men to their extreme confinement of Muslim ideology is wrong. What they are doing is not even in the religion of Islam. Allah does not allow us to push our religion onto others. Their agenda is one of cultural upbringings. My religion and most importantly, my God, is Perfect. He is All Merciful and Most Wise. People are not.

And speaking of people I sit here in despair to what is the general knowledge of the countrymen here. The US is full of great people who want to help others and have the bravery to do so. And this gov't and the individuals in power knowingly takes advantage of those attributes to make profit.

If you have been interacting with myself on these forums and others alike, you're aware of my very adamant behavior and opinion towards EV's and how it will create wars and the killings of millions to come, just like my muslim brothers-and-sisters under false narratives in the crude oil era. If you are planning on purchasing an EV, you are waging war. You now also know that the Taliban will profit from it too.

So now... Will this stop the American public from purchasing EV's? (That is a rhetorical question; I already know the answer).

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL
As the OP, let's at least keep it to political discussion involving TDIs...
LOL, after you bashed others for their political views and lack of education throughout this thread.

You could put half of TDIClub members in what some would call a "basket of deplorables". You know, the ones you suggested "confiscate their confederate and **** flags and give them a well deserved ass kicking out of our country!"

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Deplorable or otherwise, I encourage everyone to get vaccinated. If you're not scared of covid, you shouldn't be scared of the vaccine either.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
LOL, after you bashed others for their political views and lack of education throughout this thread.

You could put half of TDIClub members in what some would call a "basket of deplorables". You know, the ones you suggested "confiscate their confederate and **** flags and give them a well deserved ass kicking out of our country!"
I don't advocate such actions, but I'm sure that my great great grandfather who gave his life for the union in the Civil War and my father who served our country in World War II would take such actions. And don't you agree that supporting slavery and genocide is pretty deplorable?

akjdouglass

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/premium (sold to VW); 2014 Jetta Value Edition; 2015 Jetta SEL; 2003 Jetta GL
To some, flying the American Flag implies support of slavery and genocide. In my opinion, supporting the slaughter of unborn children is no worse than slavery or genocide, yet many fly the "right to choose" flag without shame.

My sense of self is not based on the merits or shortcomings of my ancestors, nor whether or not I "served".

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
To some, flying the American Flag implies support of slavery and genocide. In my opinion, supporting the slaughter of unborn children is no worse than slavery or genocide, yet many fly the "right to choose" flag without shame.

My sense of self is not based on the merits or shortcomings of my ancestors, nor whether or not I "served".
Spoken like a saint!🙂 I couldn't agree more!
Certain people just don't want us flying flags they don't appreciate. They think they can come to our places and tell us how to do things round here. They think we shouldn't fly them on our trucks...who cares? Its not hurting anyone.
I don't get all mad when i see decals/flags im not a fan of on others vehicles. I just laugh at the hilariousness of humanity.

This brings up a good point. Has anyone/company made a tdi club flag? Or a tdi diesels flag?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I detest! Lol. I don't have a lack of edumacation! I know how to spell my name backwards for goodness cakes!
And i can spell DTI...IDT..
Ugh however its spelled. Volkswagen soot makers, ya know what i mean😉.

With all the burning woods up here recently i was driving around the city's and now im curious if my car will be able to pass the smog test? I'll have to look into that.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm going to let you guys continue to talk issues. Not politics.

You seem to need to vent amongst a group you like and trust. I get it.

Any partisan stuff will get this shut down. Issues only. Original thoughts. No copy/pasted stuff.
Thank you moderator!

No need to vent, im happy here. I just figured if its an open thread why not talk about all this stuff floating around lol.
Curious, is non TDI related stuff off limits? (Other then political stuff)...just dont want to be a problem here. I know that was the original thread, but now i don't even know where this ones at lol.
I don't feel any need to post, but its been kinda fun and I've probably joked around more then the thread is worth, but its all in good entertainment right?

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
Spoken like a saint!🙂 I couldn't agree more!
Certain people just don't want us flying flags they don't appreciate. They think they can come to our places and tell us how to do things round here. They think we shouldn't fly them on our trucks...who cares? Its not hurting anyone.
I don't get all mad when i see decals/flags im not a fan of on others vehicles. I just laugh at the hilariousness of humanity.

This brings up a good point. Has anyone/company made a tdi club flag? Or a tdi diesels flag?
So sounds like you approve of flying flags that glorify slavery and gencide... Which means that you probably approve of slavery and genocide too.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
So sounds like you approve of flying flags that glorify slavery and gencide... Which means that you probably approve of slavery and genocide too.
I wasn't going to at first, but also the moderator hasn't said anything yet so here.
I think this is a good example . I believe that Daniel's has a very good point, and that is the way i see things.
This video is by Ryan Upchurch after he was called out for being racist, and approving of slavery, ect.

Go ahead and watch the whole thing if you want as its good (may take a second to catch up/figure out what he's talking about unless you know what happened), but at least watch from 5:30-end or close to the end. I recommend the whole video as i find it better.
Forewarnings:
1. There are swear words, quite a few (watch at your own discretion)
2. There are Confederate flags.
3. You probably won't like him anyway, but just listen to what he's saying.

What i find interesting is how we are fairly similar in the fact that we have both had relatives who fought in ww2 (many relatives) nam (both grandpa's) and possibly some in the civil war (idk for sure). But where we differ is that I don't see it as a sign of hate. My relatives fought for freedom and they were proud of their country, so am I. Do i own a Confederate flag? No. Does the flag make me feel ashamed or sad. Absolutely not, and if i did have one i wouldn't feel guilty for a second. Why? Because nothing ive done in my life has had any effect on the past. I can't change history, i can only teach others about it. and show them where our ancestors have failed in the past. If flying a Confederate flag gets them to ask the hard questions so they can have answers to what happened and why slavery is bad, and why its morally wrong. So be it, lets show them the real reason tho. The civil war wasn't started over slavery. Abraham Lincoln (north/union) made it about slavery near the end of the war. Which technically means that the Confederate flag was a symbol before slavery was involved in the war. The Confederate flag was them breaking away from the north (for many reasons) and rebelling, not just about slavery.

Moderator: Sorry this doesn't have anything to do with TDI's, I like teaching people about history, and am a bit of a buff myself. I thought maybe my position would be more clearly understood (people are never to old to learn). Im not for slavery, but i don't see the Confederate flag as a sign of hate as hard as it is for some to understand that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.