Car is possessed

frazzman

TDI
2012 jetta
My wife came home and said the rear latch just popped open by itself, the tail lights were just staying on whenever they wanted and not both at the same time with the switch off. Now that I replace the switch after the horn went haywire when I opened the door, one tail light still stays on and when I try to crank the car it tells me to depress the break and it also tells me to put it in Park or neutral, yes I am depressing the break and it is in park. I'm sure it has to be a wire touching something somewhere, but where??

The Cream Dolphin

Veteran Member
TDI
02 VW Golf TDI ALH 245k
My wife came home and said the rear latch just popped open by itself, the tail lights were just staying on whenever they wanted and not both at the same time with the switch off. Now that I replace the switch after the horn went haywire when I opened the door, one tail light still stays on and when I try to crank the car it tells me to depress the break and it also tells me to put it in Park or neutral, yes I am depressing the break and it is in park. I'm sure it has to be a wire touching something somewhere, but where??
I had a friend with a mk6 - I think yours is? - and the shift lever would not go all the way forwards because there was a little plastic bit broken in the slider. The horn and lights sound funky but worth a start...

frazzman

TDI
2012 jetta
I had a friend with a mk6 - I think yours is? - and the shift lever would not go all the way forwards because there was a little plastic bit broken in the slider. The horn and lights sound funky but worth a start...
Thought about that, but tried park and neutral. The dome light is staying on and controls on door don't work either I'm thinking electrical but thanks for the response

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Sounds like you have a ground/wiring issue. Have you had any water leaks in the car? Id suggest checking all the grounds inside the car, which are located mostly Lower A-Pillar on drivers side where the hood release is.