Can't get gas in passat

mackconsult

Veteran Member
TDI
95 TDI Passat Wagon
So we have noticed that the turning of the key in the door lock is not unlocking some of the doors, and know we can't get the gas door open.

Help please ...... is there any way to manually activate some of this stuff?

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
I don't know if the 95 passat is anything like my 2001 jetta, but the jetta gas flap actuator pooped and I ended up drilling a little hole in the flap. Stick a wire in the hole and wiggle the catch and it pops open.

mackconsult

Veteran Member
TDI
95 TDI Passat Wagon
There has to be a better way than that.

I don't know if the 95 passat is anything like my 2001 jetta, but the jetta gas flap actuator pooped and I ended up drilling a little hole in the flap. Stick a wire in the hole and wiggle the catch and it pops open.

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
So we have noticed that the turning of the key in the door lock is not unlocking some of the doors, and know we can't get the gas door open.
Help please ...... is there any way to manually activate some of this stuff?
Tried from both front doors? and cycling the key twice right?
Do you hear the pump moan sound coming from the rear? If not, check fuses

Last edited:

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
the joys of 1950s vacuum technology.. both my mk3's came pre-deleted of this feature (from factory or not), but i would have deleted it lol... but it couldnt be worse than watching my landlord years ago hammering at an mk4 hood when the latch would not release..

Shane47

TDI
Mk3 AAZ
If its not opening doors as well you've got a leak somewhere, locate the leak, repair and job sorted you can get to the flap solenoid through the boot