Bye California, it's been nice.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
Yep, may even be looking for a TDI at some point.

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
Why not the Asheville area? Sierra Nevada Brewery opened in Mills River a couple of years ago.
Asheville is nice, I hear, and we looked at it originally. There are very few jobs out there and real estate prices are close to Bay Area prices it seems.
Raleigh has reasonable (for me) real estate and a tech scene if I ever need to look for work.
I'll definitely visit/vacation in Asheville though.

girwin

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Matt,

I'm glad you found a good move for you and yours and I totally understand, I hope everything is working out. Like with a few other folks I've known who've left, it's real loss for us here - you literally brought our car back to life fixing a number of electrical problems no-one else could seem to understand, reprogramming the computer, etc. It was a joy to work with you and a pleasure to interact with someone who clearly loved their work as you did. Our car is still running, but having some issues I can't seem to get solved locally. If you can think of anyone in the Bay Area that is even close to your level of expertise, it would be a huge help to those of us mourning your departure.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
How have you been doing Matt? Where did you settle and do you still come back to Santa Maria from time to time? Hope all is well!