Buyback COMPLETED Car is now in Dealership Lot

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Oh great, got my buyback appointment set for next Wednesday, and it's been the warmest November ever, and the forecast is 3-5" of snow with 30-40 mph winds on that day, and we live 160 miles from the dealership. Hope I don't have to cancel. ��
And driving the day before with a motel stay is out of the question?

Dave346

TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI
My turn in appointment for our TDI Passat was Nov 29 at 3:30 pm. The Lakeland Florida VW rep told me it was her second transaction. (I was third scheduled but one never showed) The process was smooth and only took a few minutes. I chose the EFT payment method. I got the email from Chase Nov 30 at about 8:37pm. (29 hours from appt) and immediately responded. This morning Dec 1 the money was in my account and available for my use. (Not a Chase account).
I was pleasantly surprised at the speed and efficiency of the turn in process. The lady who handled this for me at the dealership said she was still figuring it out until just a few minutes before the first appointment and her efforts were successful.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
My turn in appointment for our TDI Passat was Nov 29 at 3:30 pm. The Lakeland Florida VW rep told me it was her second transaction. (I was third scheduled but one never showed) The process was smooth and only took a few minutes. I chose the EFT payment method. I got the email from Chase Nov 30 at about 8:37pm. (29 hours from appt) and immediately responded. This morning Dec 1 the money was in my account and available for my use. (Not a Chase account).
I was pleasantly surprised at the speed and efficiency of the turn in process. The lady who handled this for me at the dealership said she was still figuring it out until just a few minutes before the first appointment and her efforts were successful.
Good deal. It's good to hear that the process went well for someone (It sounds pretty hit or miss, as far as the results go).

I have to wonder how many buyback appointments will be wasted because people that don't want out of their cars decided to make an appointment (taking that slot from someone that actually wanted out of their car) and decided to just not show up (rather than contact the dealership and relay to the rep to just cancel their appointment).

03fan

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6MT
Was the third buyback in the state of Wisconsin. Turned car in at 5:25pm on 11/29/16 and walked out before 5:40. Buyback worker stated it was very helpful having all forms filled out properly and NOT putting the mileage on the odometer sheet until I was at the dealership.

Received the EFT email from chase at 7:37pm on 11/30 as well as others, so it appears they send the EFT emails out in batches versus individually.

Should see the money in my account on 12/2/16 and then be off to the races to put the lump payment off on my house.

Would be nice to not have a car payment but financially putting the money towards the house would save me more money versus paying off the car.

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
So, turned my car in on 11/29, got my Chase email last night, and sent it in. It's still for the smaller estimated amount (difference of $390). I'll keep pushing for that as well, but I'm nearly (98.5%) done. :)

Except for the glitch with the amount, it's been a smooth process for me. My wife is keeping her car and taking the fix, so I'll continue to hang out here for info. This place is hands down the best place for information.

SOCALGAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan & 2013 Jetta Wagon
It just seems like calling the claims line is a total waste of time these days. There isn't much they can tell you, and the promised callbacks never occur.
A few weeks back my husband called the claims line, left his number and they called back but not a live person, just instantly on hold. He never spoke to anyone.

sailcalifornia

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
money is in my bank account, took about 15 minutes at the dealer, received the email from chase the following day and a few hours after that money in the bank.

all and all a very easy and painless process

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
DOn't be surprised if this does NOT qualify as a trade in. Check with your local DMV.
I have emails with DMV at State of Missouri (Plus 2 letters). They didn't know how to handle this. They just wanted their money (30 days to title in MO- Temp tag expired Oct 9). Dec 9 will be 2 months in late fees ($25.00, per month). Biting the bullet and registering GMC bought on Sept 9 tonight. Portal said Nov 1 tentative turn in day, That was a lie, but prepared with new GMC Terrain;)

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Portal said Nov 1 tentative turn in day, That was a lie
No, it wasn't. That date was never even an estimate, much less a promise, of when you'd be able to turn in your car, and it said as much on the page itself. That date was only used, in combination with the mileage you entered and the expected miles/month you entered, to estimate how your mileage would affect your buyback offer.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
They did not ask for proof of registration, although I brought it. They did not take off the plates or registration sticker while I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you offer 2 keyfobs?
If you offered 1 did they ask for the other?
Did they look in the trunk?

engineered2win

Veteran Member
TDI
MkVI Golf TDI
Update:
I had my buyback appointment at 4:30pm on Tuesday 11/29/16.
I received the email from Chase last night around 8:30pm yesterday (11/30/16). I created an account and selected to transfer funds to my PNC bank account.
I checked my PNC account this morning (12/1/16) and the funds are pending!
It looks like the funds should clear today, so I'm out!

Good luck everyone!

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
BAM!

Got Chase email last night, submitted my info around 9:30 p.m. and money is in my credit union account this morning, not even pending! Yeah, baby!

98.5% done!

TommyTuTone

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG w/Premium
Again, NO clear cut answers from VW in documents/court orders. Should have stated this in the court docs as "24 Business hours"
I guess I have to force myself to do a buyback appt on a weekday in the AM to actually let 24 business hrs in early. An early weekday buyback appt is just going to make things difficult either making up hrs at work or dip in to pto smh
Did you expect them to set up evening and weekend hours to accommodate your schedule?

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Does anyone know if you get a document from VW at the Buyback ceremony;) to use as a "Trade In" at the DMV to license replacement vehicle?? Don't want to pay full taxes on new vehicle.
It isn't a trade-in, it's a buy-back. Therefore a state isn't going to view a new purchase (or any part of it) as tax exempt). Certainly my state of residence (IL) is not. I have been to the IL Dept. of Revenue web site and read the applicable statute, and none of the cases for exemption mentioned are relevant.
Some people have said it's best to be philosophical and view the compensation part of the buyback as helping to defray the sales tax. The only state that appears to have a loophole that would allow skating on the sales tax is VT (I think, that or NH, I get them mixed up).
If you regard the sales tax as too onerous, of course you can always take the fix (if it ever comes) or just keep the car and drive on....

TommyTuTone

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG w/Premium
BAM!
Got Chase email last night, submitted my info around 9:30 p.m. and money is in my credit union account this morning, not even pending! Yeah, baby!
98.5% done!
Car's gone and you've received the cash. Congratulations!

Just curious, though ... what's the remaining 1.5% still to be done?

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
It isn't a trade-in, it's a buy-back. Therefore a state isn't going to view a new purchase (or any part of it) as tax exempt). Certainly my state of residence (IL) is not. I have been to the IL Dept. of Revenue web site and read the applicable statute, and none of the cases for exemption mentioned are relevant.
Some people have said it's best to be philosophical and view the compensation part of the buyback as helping to defray the sales tax. The only state that appears to have a loophole that would allow skating on the sales tax is VT (I think, that or NH, I get them mixed up).
If you regard the sales tax as too onerous, of course you can always take the fix (if it ever comes) or just keep the car and drive on....
Its Vermont. If you sell your car within three months of buying one (or vice versa) you can get a sales tax refund on the lesser of the purchase price of the new car, or the selling price of the old one.

And a lot of people are geographically challenged on the locations of Vermont and New Hampshire. On a map, Vermont is on the left, New Hampshire is on the right.

You can remember this by remembering that Bernie Sanders, a Vermont Senator, is a leftie.

rfortson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Surfwagen TDI
Car's gone and you've received the cash. Congratulations!
Just curious, though ... what's the remaining 1.5% still to be done?
My payment amount was for the original estimate, not the official offer. Differed by about 1.5%. It's an annoyance, but still really a first world problem. I'll keep pushing, but I'm not going to obsess over it.

Details here.

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Its Vermont. If you sell your car within three months of buying one (or vice versa) you can get a sales tax refund on the lesser of the purchase price of the new car, or the selling price of the old one.

And a lot of people are geographically challenged on the locations of Vermont and New Hampshire. On a map, Vermont is on the left, New Hampshire is on the right.

You can remember this by remembering that Bernie Sanders, a Vermont Senator, is a leftie.
Thank You. Found some people on here are rude. Appreciate your response

TDI
2015 Passat SEL
Diselgate has ruined what was once a rather friendly forum.
I just joined yesterday to find out if anyone knew about trade in value possibility. Once I title the Terrain tonight. I will park the VW and probably wont view the forum again. Diesel owners I thought all understood the frustration we all feel over dieselgate. Appears a few want to treat fellow owners as bad as VW is treating us. So Sad. Thank You

Cayman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
Back to the thread at hand.. my appointment is at 2pm PST today. I'm not going to drive the car as the tags have expired, so I call VW roadside assistance. I told them the car was being returned and as it hasn't been properly driven for two months I didn't trust the brakes, they were cool with that.

When you do call them, they will tell you a truck will be there within 60 minutes, but you don't have to do it that way. If you want them to come within a three hour period you can actually book an appointment, my truck is due between 1pm and 1:30pm. More on the process as the day unfolds..

Debra Morgan

Veteran Member
TDI
Memories of a fantastic 2015 Jetta
I just joined yesterday to find out if anyone knew about trade in value possibility. Once I title the Terrain tonight. I will park the VW and probably wont view the forum again. Diesel owners I thought all understood the frustration we all feel over dieselgate. Appears a few want to treat fellow owners as bad as VW is treating us. So Sad. Thank You
You have my deepest sympathies.

Debra Morgan

Veteran Member
TDI
Memories of a fantastic 2015 Jetta
Back to the thread at hand.. my appointment is at 2pm PST today. I'm not going to drive the car as the tags have expired, so I call VW roadside assistance. I told them the car was being returned and as it hasn't been properly driven for two months I didn't trust the brakes, they were cool with that.

When you do call them, they will tell you a truck will be there within 60 minutes, but you don't have to do it that way. If you want them to come within a three hour period you can actually book an appointment, my truck is due between 1pm and 1:30pm. More on the process as the day unfolds..

Will be curious how all of this works out.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I'm not going to drive the car as the tags have expired, so I call VW roadside assistance. I told them the car was being returned and as it hasn't been properly driven for two months I didn't trust the brakes, they were cool with that.
Thank you for the information. I have been reminding people to avail themselves of the free towing when they were in situations like yours but hadn't decided myself how I would frame the necessity of the tow.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Completed!First check engine light this morning so I went over early and they took care of me two hours ahead of time. Simple process.

For all the know it all folks, EFT vs check, I took the check over to Wells Fargo, one day hold $25k.

See you on the MINI forums or not!

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Diselgate has ruined what was once a rather friendly forum.
.....sad
..... but it all soooooo helpful for many of us.
..... my 2015 Golf TDi DSG is my 2nd vw
..... 1st was a gasser GSL 2003 ~~ except doe the darn 5 speed Manual ~~ wish I still had it

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Good Luck:)

Keep us posted and up to date:confused:

GSwag

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
Responses on this site have always been abrasive as long as I've been reading and participating here. That predates dieselgate by years.
This is correct. It's always been a forum that has arrogant, smug and somewhat rude responses somewhere in most threads. I don;t plan on returning once my passat is gone.

My turn-in appointment is tomorrow at 6:30 pm. we will see how it goes.