Biodiesel at TDI fest?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Other threads appear to indicate that BD in the Toronto area is likely to be non-existent. I am presuming that the customs boys would not smile kindly on me bringing 55 gallon drums of liquid across their line in the sand.
Therefore I'm considering caching biodiesel in the western NY area, either at someone's home, or at a storage rental unit, to allow a near to full tank for the festivities and a refill for the trip back home.
Is there anyone in the Rochester, Batavia, Buffalo area that would be willing to accomodate a utility trailer with a drum of B100 for the long TDIfest weekend?

suds

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1999.5, Silver
Let's put it this way - there are no retail outlets for BD in the area but I'm negotiating with a company that normally supplies fleets with BD. I believe it's WE BD that he imports. I'll post a thread when I get confirmation because I also want to try and get an idea of how much BD we want available. I'm trying to get a similar set up to last year where there'll be a tanker with a retail quality pump. Keep you finger crossed folks!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Awesome Suds,

I was talking to the lady at Marketplace this morning and she wants me to do some emissions testing here in Vancouver. I don't really know the time line of when this program will be aired, but I'm hoping that we can get some coverage at the fest. I'll push from this side and perhaps something like this will help "grease" the wheels.;)

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Great work Suds. If they see how much interest there is for BD in the GTA, maybe they will wake up & smell the french fries and start to make it available at a retail outlet. I can't believe that with all the TDI's in the GTA that it is not available here yet! I for one will fill up at the fest. Keep us posted.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Ifn ya get some that'll be more trunk space for me - won't have to lug a 6 gallon can with me full of B100.

keep us updated

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Jonathan, I could contact a friend with a farm near Springwater who could accomodate your trailer with no problems. Would that be too far out of the way?