BHW turbo gasket

gigi123

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2002 Jetta
I need a gasket between enhaust manifold and turbo, but the dealer says there is no listing, the turbo comes complete with manifold?! Anybody has any solution to this? Old gasket is gone...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
The dealer is B.S.ing you. The turbo and manifold for the BHW are available separately, so there must be a gasket.

Mechnurse

Veteran Member
TDI
97/2K/05/15 Passat 06 Jetta TDI
There is no gasket between the manifold and turbo on the B5.5.:rolleyes: There is a gasket between the turbo and catalytic converter.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Twas the same on the SAABs I used to work on many years ago - just metal on metal.

I guess the engineers were confident in their machining operations.

We used to use a thin skin of muffler cement on the mating surfaces.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I've been using coper spray-a-gasket on mine for no particular reason. I ran without it prior. I just had a can handy.

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Hmmm, mine had a gasket when I removed my turbo...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, no gasket. Lots of exhaust components are like that when it is cast iron on cast iron. Most of your old Detroit Wonder Metal engines had no gaskets between the head and exhaust manifolds.

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Mine had a cheap chinese turbo on it when I bought it, and there was a gasket put in place between the manifold and turbo. I am guessing that it's not causing and issue, but I can assure you that mine has a metal gasket there.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
ditto-no gasket on the turbo to manifold on 1Z,BHW as I 've done several. The Chinese turbo was probably machined so badly it needed one