Bentley Diagrams

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
My brother-in-law has a '98 Jetta and all of the windows have stopped working ("frozen" in the closed position in a three doors (frozen defined as motor sounds like it is working but nothing happens); broken regulators in another door).

I have the Bentleys for my '03 but it does not go back to '98. Two questions:

Will the door diagrams from my Bentley's be of assistance to him in removing the door panels to repair/replace the window regulators?

If not, can someone the diagrams to me at jdyates51@adelphia.net so I can send them to him.

Time is kinda of the essence as he lives in 1) Vermont, 2) winter is just around the corner for him and 3) hedoes not have a garage.

Thanks,

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The A3's door panels are very simple to pull apart, and the regulators are one of the easiest to install. You do have to sort of twist and wiggle but it is not hard at all.

You will likely break a few of the two-piece plastic door panel clips, so buy a bunch of them at the dealer (most stock these little guys).

Let me know if you need any help.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I had an A3 Jetta TDI for about 6 Months,Sold it May 1 in order to buy my Passat PD also sold the A4 Jetta at the same time. Never got into the window mechanism's of that car though.