Anyone have a time machine to lend me?

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
The person who pulled in front of me had insurance. Their insurance hated having to pay me $850 for the tow bill, and they disagreed with my insurance company finding my Golf to be worth $12700-ish before deductible/buyback amount, but they had no choice when they lost at arbitration. Salvaged the clutch and LSD, sold the motor, and salvaged everything else I could. Now my chickens lay eggs in it, because I would be losing money if I took it to the junkyard.
Made me think of this😂

Maybe it could double as a time machine shell

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Made me think of this😂

Maybe it could double as a time machine shell
My setup isn't that elaborate, but I have a broody hen in the Golf right now, and two broody hens in the passenger footwell of my still unfinished Ute. In fact, almost all my eggs are being laid in both cars the past month.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
That was one of the best Fests. Fantastic location, perfect weather that weekend. .... I miss those times.
Any 'fest. Every 'fest. They were each perfect.
There's lots of poor choices I would undo, two brothers I would appreciate more, and all that.
I dunno... I have just one brother. I don't think I'd undo him in exchange for more brothers.
Yup, we won’t get anywhere sitting around regretting past mistakes, what’s done is done, move on and learn from your slip-ups. I need to remember that more often.
Our choices, and our responses to the results of those choices, are what make each of us what we have now become. My choices, although in hind-sight might not have been the best, were, at the time the choice was made, the proper choice. I'd be different, maybe better, maybe not, in some way, had my choice been different. I'm content with myself, so by default my choices have been correct.
Because COVID was still in full swing, my car and trailer wasn't properly inspected and contributed to my hydroplaning in January.
Hmm... Covid allowed your tires to wear and affected the speed at which you drove in wet road conditions? It goes back to personal responsibility.

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
My choices, although in hind-sight might not have been the best, were, at the time the choice was made, the proper choice. I'd be different, maybe better, maybe not, in some way, had my choice been different.
I agree.

Also that reminds me of a quote from one of my favourite writers/humorists, Stephen Leacock, as follows;

“You know, many a man realizes late in life that if when he was a boy he had known what he knows now, instead of being what he is he might be what he won’t; but how few boys stop to think that if they knew what they don’t know instead of being what they will be they wouldn’t be?
These are awful thoughts.”
~Stephen Leacock