Any supplier that can sell fluids / parts by VIN ?

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
My operators manual and the VIN specific manual I bought does not specify transmission fluid at all.
Manuals almost never work it seems.

I have a manual transmission 2006 Beetle TDI.
I went to Advance Auto and Autozone, the latter that could not even find a code for the fluid.
Advance Auto at least came up with a code namely G070726A2, but that again does not match my 2006 Beetle at ecstuning as my model is not listed under that TF number and other jettas etc are listed..

I dont want to gamble around with Transmission Fluid.

Anyone know of a shop that sells parts by VIN for volkswagen ? , except of course the damn dealer that will never see my face or wallet.

Thanks

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
That number is correct, not a lot of mystery regarding gear oil for 5 speed manuals on MKIV cars.

If you want us to verify by VIN give us a call.

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
oilhammer
Granted but I rather make sure, dont want to risk replacing transmission and rather do it the dumb sure way as I am not doing this as a profession.
IndigoBlueWagon
I really appreciate this. I will definitely call idparts with my VIN and buy from them. Nobody has fluid in my area to sell. One shop told me to use Valvoline 75W90 gear oil and I dont think that is right.
Rather safe than sorry.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Lots of folks here have successfully used Pennzoil Synchromesh, and there are other suitable brands available if you look (Motul, LIquimoly, Pentosin/Fuchs, etc.). VAG is one of the largest car companies on the planet, so lots of people supply fluids for them.

I generally like the OEM-branded stuff, whomever makes it (it can vary).

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
If you want us to verify by VIN give us a call.
Strange, I registered an account at ID parts and sent a mail from the form contact with my VIN number and listed the parts I need, xmission oil/glowplugs/oxygen sensors, but got absolutely zero response since Tuesday.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Sometimes emails on the contact form don't get to us for some reason. Or our reply gets shuffled to a SPAM folder. Give us a call.

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
Sometimes emails on the contact form don't get to us for some reason. Or our reply gets shuffled to a SPAM folder. Give us a call.
Fair.
It is 5 in the morning here now and I can t call, unfortunately I am in areas where I have no reception during the day, so cellphones will not work. I can call after hours, but then you wont answer.
I prefer email.

I tried your webform again straight from my registered account I created with you. Please check if you received it.

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
I sent a mail straight from my mail client.
Title of mail in case you want to search for the mail.
"Please respond as your online form does not work"

zimbodel

Veteran Member
TDI
1996-2006 TDI Beetle
IndigoBlueWagon
I get no responses using the IDPARTs webmail from my online account or sending the mail straight from my mail client.
I placed an order long ago but it seems to be stuck due to a backorder. I want to cancel the backordered part as I can get it elsewhere in stock.
The IDParts mail system seems to be completely inoperable as I can send any message and be sure to get no reply.
I want to order more parts to add to my current order, but it is just impossible to have any email communication.
I tried to send this rather as a private message and not publicly, but it seems the forum does not have a PM feature.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Sent you a PM. This site does have a PM feature. Look at the envelope at the upper right side of your screen.

You also can call us anytime between 10 and 5:30 EDT. 888 444 7951