$3.50 a Gallon this Summer?

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
__. 45 Cetane fuel (if you believe the stickers) at "Mr. Fuel" at Exit 104 north of Richmond VA for $2.72/9 on Thursday of this week.

nate379

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta
That would be nice if it was down to $3.50 a gal. It's $3.65 right now for the stuff at the pump. I have my own tanks at home and pay quite a bit less thankfully.

Timpackman

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI - 5spd, 2011 JSW 6spd Manual
mrGutWrench said:
__. On the subject of price changes, I drove I-85 north from Charlotte NC this past weekend. In the space of 20 miles, I saw a sign for D2-$3.09/gal at truckstop A and $2.79 at truckstop B. Truckstop A is a big, plastic-fronted modern place, crawling JBHunt, Consolidated, Werner trucks (i.e. big trucking company trucks); Truckstop B is a slightly run-down "mom and pop" place -- no fancy trucks but a long line of what looked like "independent" or O/O trucks.
I have noticed that too. I drive CLT to GSO a lot.

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW
What Would You Expect

nate379 said:
That would be nice if it was down to $3.50 a gal. It's $3.65 right now for the stuff at the pump.
I have my own tanks at home and pay quite a bit less thankfully.
:)

Given your rather remote area and the costs of transportation to your area and I would
assume no competition there, I'm surprised that D2 is not priced even higher.

No observations are not intended as a put-down, so please do not take it that way.
Since you have your own supply, how much are you paying if you don't mind me asking? :confused:

:D

D

Last edited:

Catlin987987

TDI
Jetta
its almost $3.5/gall USD in Edmonton, AB, Canada
and thats with oil refineries that produce almost 500K barels a day of crude oil

2slowtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Bora gone. 2006 Benz CDI 235hp 420ftlbstq
With the deep water drilling stopped in the gulf I would have though we would see much higher prices by now.

I guess the oil companys don't want any more bad PR.

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
__. Fuel on I-95 in VA is usually cheapest at Exit 104, north of Kings Dominion near Richmond. This past weekend, it was 5 cents cheaper ($2.69/9) at Sadler's Truck Stop and Simmons Truck Stop near Emporia. The Loves at Exit 4 hadn't matched that when I drove by.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
mrGutWrench said:
__. Fuel on I-95 in VA is usually cheapest at Exit 104, north of Kings Dominion near Richmond. This past weekend, it was 5 cents cheaper ($2.69/9) at Sadler's Truck Stop and Simmons Truck Stop near Emporia. The Loves at Exit 4 hadn't matched that when I drove by.
That's the exit with the Flying J, right?