2015 Passat TDI SE Fog Lights Ideas

Couleetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
Would like to add foggies to my car. It did not come with them. I would install with a separate switch in cabin vs. Euro switch system which I see is not available.
Anyone have and good product suggestions that you like.
Thanks Coulee

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
same here. been wondering about it for a long time. frustrating.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
The retrofit kit from VW wasn't as great as expected. It did not work like the factory fogs. No cornering lights, no BCM bulb detection, etc. It had an over complicated wiring harness and the design caused a buzzing under the dash from the relay. It used the high beams as a ground for the relay so that the relay turned off when the high beams came on (no ground). The problem was that the battery voltage is 14ish running and the headlight voltage is BCM controlled closer to 12. That 2+v delta caused the relay to buzz. Get a euroswitch - which should be available. Add a "repair wire" to tap into the headlight switch connector and build a relay based harness to the fogs. All you need is the fog surrounds/lenses.

My original thread: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/questions-after-installing-oem-fogs.391524/

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
I have the oem retrofit harness on my beetle and oem fogs on my sel premium passat, both function the same ie no high beams and fog lights at the same time. The main issue i had with the beetle is that vw’s wiring diagram didn’t match the beetle and then when trying to make it match it ended up causing a parasitic draw so i had to undo part of the wires that joined the retrofit harness to the existing wires in the fuse block and add a fuse. I like the added light on the beetle but it was definitely a pain until the parasitic draw was found.