2014 Jetta TDI - A/C issue

TDI Dan75

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
I've searched high and low and haven't been able to find an answer to my A/C issue. Hope someone here has an answer for me.
After the car sits overnight, I get ready to go to work, the A/C compressor doesn't want to kick on for like 10-15 minutes later down the freeway. But once it does kick on, it continues to work throughout the day as I make short trips here and there. When it running, the a/c is ice cold. Is it the a/c clutch relays that are giving up? maybe something in the a.c switches? The cars has only 65k miles on it.
Please help me out as I live in the southwest desert area of Arizona where it gets to 115+ degrees in the summer months. We're in the mid to high 90's now and it's only mid April! 🥵

Thanks!

DslG8r

TDI
2015 mk7
Hey Dan! Fellow arizonan here! Have you checked the pressures on your ac system? A low charge will make the compressor not cycle correctly. A high charge will also make it not cycle correctly. I bought mine during a winter month (it was a buy back). And my clutch wasn't kicking on most of the time. There is a valve on the compressor that likes to go bad so I ordered one just to have it here. When I went to suck it down, I noticed I had no charge 😂. I didn't see any leaks so ended up just replacing the low and high Schrader valves and recharging and it has been going strong for over a year now. I'm a mechanic by trade, so I felt a tad silly 😅

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Very common. Search for 'RCV' here. There is a TSB about it, although that didn't show up until several years after we all knew about the problem.

TDI Dan75

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the replies... Been told by a few knowledgable auto a/c shops that it is more then likely that it is the AC Compressor Control Solenoid Valve.
I'll be taking it in as soon as I have a couple days off to get it taken care of. Seems to be a common problem for these compressors. They said that there are like 3 different manufacturers that VW used. Gotta determine which one is in mine. Will update when I get it taken care of. BTW... It's worked great all day today and worked right out of the gate this morning... :unsure: