2013 oilpan blanket

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 (A3) TDI SEL Premium (Reflex Silver / Moonrock)
Does anybody know where you can buy an oilpan blanket/insulator/cover? I can find every other part for the oilpan, but the blanket. I guess it is named something else!

Mine is soaked in oil after 147000 miles.

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
Are you looking for this part? Unless I'm looking at it wrong, I think the blanket is included/connected with this part.

Cover - Volkswagen (03L-103-660-D)
2012-2014 Volkswagen Passat - 03l103660d

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
That's it. I can't believe it cost that much.
I do need to figure out where that oil is coming from. It's not obvious.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
That's it. I can't believe it cost that much.
I do need to figure out where that oil is coming from. It's not obvious.
yep... a $200 oil sponge that does nothing but help keep the oil from cooling down a tiny bit when your driving at VERY cold temps. its just a way to cut down sound and help warm up times a tiny bit
Do yourself a favor and use some aftermarket adhesive sided sound mat (like dynomat) but cheaper... for $30 to $50 you could have a Neoprene based replacement that is superior in every way.
You could just buy a small yoga mat in 1/2 inch and use a spray adhisive for $20 to $30
Or just let it be and drive more and worry less.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
I think I have a blown head gasket. The coolant reservoir went from pink to tan. And the oil leak is more prominent. Dripping out from the plastic belly cover by the front right tire Above my head, towing to a repair shop.
Pissed off face emoji

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
I felt all around it. It didn't feel wet. The engine (back) by the firewall and dpf is dripping. Maybe on the side where the serpentine belt is But can't see exactly where it is coming from.
I would hope that would be the oil cooler though. Much cheaper!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I felt all around it. It didn't feel wet. The engine (back) by the firewall and dpf is dripping. Maybe on the side where the serpentine belt is But can't see exactly where it is coming from.
I would hope that would be the oil cooler though. Much cheaper!
It's not an oil cooler. It's a coolant warmer heat exchanger to help keep the engine warm.

Jaytechqu

TDI
MK4 ALH
Oil leak in the back of engine is almost always valve cover on these. Best to replace whole cover with gasket. Sounds like u have bigger issues tho. Egr cooler IS possible but very unlikely

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
This is where the oil filter housing is, right? That is dry.

Would the valve cover give me coolant issues also? I thought that would just paint the engine with oil.

This is so frustrating because I meticulously maintain my car my car.

jafische

Veteran Member
TDI
Water pump was the culprit. I don't like how the reservoir went to tan though. He said maybe that is what pushed back in it from the engine side. Whereas usually straight coolant is in the tank.
Local shop, not dealership. Thought it was a little high..:
Water pump
Serpentine belt
Serpentine belt tensioners
Timing chain/belt
Timing chain tensioners
Coolant flush
Replace coolant
Coolant tank reservoir.
Labor
Tax tag and title: 2800