2012 VW Golf TDI itching for a tune again

NIGHTL0CK

TDI
2012 Golf
Hi, I'm looking to tune the car again now that I'm back to stock. I've had the APR tune for a few years before my ECM broke. I got it replaced and all CEI cleared. Now I want to move away from APR and still currently researching the forums (a lot to go through, just looking for a TLDR version). From what I've been seeing, Malone/Tunezilla is a good option. I'm exploring other options too, but I have a few questions before I proceed:

Car is currently stock at 183xxx miles. I don't have any performance upgrades (coils and tune were the only two). Given the amount of miles, should I look to replace anything such as clutch or turbo before tuning? With Tunezilla I was planning on getting stage 1. It's my daily driver and I don't beat the car as hard. Having the APR tune was fun so I wanted something to match it or go a bit further.

Tunezilla Stage 1 requires DSG tune. Can someone explain that?

Lastly, I live in a place with emission laws. First California and now Arizona. Which means I probably can't do a DPF delete. I'm still looking into the pros/cons of the DPF delete. Will I be losing out on much if I keep the DPF?

I think that covers it for me to get started. I'll still be researching different builds as I'm willing to spend. Looking to hear inputs from the community, thanks!

NIGHTL0CK

TDI
2012 Golf
Oops I realized I posted this in Jetta. Can a moderator move this to Golf section loll

Edit: moderator can close this thread, I'm going to repost it in the Golf section.

Last edited:

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Love to see anyone doing a clean delete on these cars. Its really the only way these cars and diesel in general will survive. DPF ect is just planned overkill obsolescence. A modern diesels short lifetime cradle to graves carbon foot print is counter intuitive to most brain dead liberal type.

Unfortunately the typical Ev/save mother earth cheerleaders will try to hyjack these threads. Always spouting the same narrative hype. End of the world memes will soon grace the thread. Next a particular moderator will call the thread political, threaten a thread lockout tighter than blue locktite #2. Kind of amusing really

Best luck on your endeavors. Let us know how its coming along, i didn't see a repost.on another forum?