2012 2-Door Golf TDI Manual - Massachusetts

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm selling my '12 Golf 2-door, bought new in October of 2011. Blue Graphite, manual transmission, no options. No sunroof. 27,800 miles, always garaged, 43.8 MPG since new according to Fuelly. This has been a great car for me, but I simply don't drive it. And since my wagon got its new engine late last year I drive it even less, so it's time to let it go. It's been driven less than 1,000 miles in winter, not at all this past winter. It's last fuel fill was December 14th, 2014.

The car's been totally trouble-free. I've done the 10K and 20K service, and it's never been back to the dealer for any repairs. I've used a lubricity additive in the car since I drove it off the dealer lot. It got a clear bra within a week of purchase. It has an aspherical driver's side mirror (OE, from Europe) and, of course, a winter front. Mechanically the car is stock.

It has its OE 17" wheels on it with the original Conti tires. I've run 15" wheels and tires for a lot of its life so these tires have less than 10K on them. Wheels are perfect, as is the rest of the car...no chips, no dings, nothing. I've had it professionally detailed annually. Everything works. No front plate, but I have a bracket if you need it, as well as a Mini Mania plate holder that goes in the tow hook receiver if you don't want to drill the bumper.

Here's a few photos.

As you probably know, VW isn't offering 2-door TDI Golfs any longer. I waited 8 weeks for this one. If you want a 2-door, this car looks and drives as new. It's quick, excellent on fuel, handles well, and is a great trip car.

I'm asking $15,900. If it sells here I will, of course, make a donation to TDIClub. I'll probably put it on CL in a few days, but I'd prefer sell it to someone here who will appreciate this car and how I've cared for it. I have the title in hand.

I have Michelin X-Ice tires on OE 2.5L Golf steelies with covers, and I also have Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S tires on Passat Windsor wheels (bought new from VW) that I ran in summer. Both are available at additional cost if you're interested.

You can PM me here with questions, or call me weekdays at IDParts.

Thanks for looking, Peter

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Many of you know I don't drive for economy, but this car has done well despite this. This tank was on the way back from the '12 TDIFest in Michigan, ruinning at 75+ MPH with the A/C on.

Overall tank average was 47.7 MPG. You could do significantly better with more prudent driving habits, especially after the engine is fully broken in.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Awesome price, I wish I could buy it! Hopefully someone here who appreciates it will get it!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I'm sorry to see it go, but one driver and 5 cars (about to be 6) just doesn't make a lot of sense.

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
A perfect car for an even better price!

Where's Sootman, he should buy it! Get out of that gasser! (Even though its a really nice Audi)

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Mine all run. :)
I drove the "Running" Avant 5 spd (Needs another gear) last night and am kinda Jonesing for the Manual again. I am Sooo!!! tempted to just grab this up from you Peter. I'd want the snow steelies even without the covers.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Took a deposit on it last night. No reason to believe the deal won't go through, but if it doesn't I'll post here.