05 passat tdi for sale (east Brunswick nj)

Catkrazd

TDI
05 passat B5
2005 vw passat tdi sedan w/ 138k miles. Recently had car serviced with new timing belt (have NOT replaced bance shaft). Just before that replaced egr. I a. The only owner bought new. Never been in accident. Vw did services till 50k miles my independent vw shop (Hodi's) has done all service since. Cv joints replace around 110k. The exterior of car is in decent shape two dents one on fender from wife and a garbage can. And one on hood from a fall from me elbow first. I have the oem replacement fender just needs paint an d install. Non smokers car. But the needs a good detailing. It's an eight year old family sedan. The also needs new tires and windshield. There is a linear crack running up passenger side of windshield.
Here's the big problem. The torque converter went bad and needs repair. The car will go into gear and move but the tran needs rebuild.
Let me know thoughts and interests.
Dave 732-278-3558.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You most likely need a torque converter, not a whole rebuild. Common issue, Volkswagen even has a TSB about it. Don't sell the car thinking it needs a whole gearbox when it really only needs a converter. I replace them all the time with a new one, with a 100% success rate.

copakabata

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 01M, 1999.5 Jetta 5 spd, 2000 VW Golf 4dr 5 spd
The exterior of car is in decent shape two dents one on fender from wife and a garbage can. And one on hood from a fall from me elbow first.
Hmmm... dent on the fender from "the wife"... Did you get a new car from some new found money? And where did the dent on the hood REALLY came from?

(Just teasing...)