'03 Beetle GLS TDI 5 speed

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Now that I've sold my car, my wife's is ready to get put up for sale. I looked around for almost 6 months to find this for her - she wanted a GLS for the sunroof, and also requested a 5 speed and one of three different colors (this was her top choice). The car had almost 62,000 when we got it shipped up from TX last June; it's been a TX car until it spent it's first year in NY this past year. Because of the baby and 2 lab mixes we own, this car is no longer practical for us, and we're replacing both of our TDI's with a TDI Sportwagen and TDI Golf 4 door.

About this car: It is in excellent condition, and the only service I've performed in the past year was a tire rotation, oil and filter change (used Elf Excellium 505.01), and fuel and air filter changes around 65,000 miles. The car has just under 74,000 miles a/o 7/19, and I do not expect my wife to drive it much more as she's almost ready to deliver (due date is 7/21!).

It is clear that the car has been well maintained, and it's got a black interior, in-dash CD (Kenwood I think) with aux input so you can connect your iPod/iPhone, sunroof, etc. The only interior issue I can think of is that the center console clasp is broken - the console open and closes fine, but it does not click shut as it should; otherwise, the interior's in great shape.

She has an original flip key and a second basic key. Exterior is also in great shape. There are some small scratches on one or two of the rims, but overall the car is in great condition. Mechanically, there are no flaws, and besides basic maintenance (air, oil, fuel filter ∆'s), the car will need nothing for the next 25k.

Below is a link to some of the pics when we got it; it looks exactly the same. I can try to get some more pictures, but it's a little hectic right now as we try to prep for the baby. Let me know if anyone has questions.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=1736121&postcount=1

My wife's asking $13,500.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
I also replaced the coolant temp sensor over the winter.

Haven't had too much interest on this car from TDIclub - a lot of questions through eBay - it's a really nice car. I know that Beetles aren't as easy to move, but it's a nice running diesel in great shape, and I am sure it will provide many happy miles. I'd rather it go to someone on here who will take care of it. Even my wife, who could care less about cars, told me to hang up the phone when someone called wanting to run it on WVO with a secret additive (no conversion). We'd like to see it go to a go home. ;)

NBnext

TDI
98 NB, 97 Passat
Nice Car!

This is mostly a guy site.........and Beetles are gender challenging for guys....

Our local guru/dealer would not even sell them until a year ago...... but I'm older and wiser......enjoy the hell out of my Beetle.

Good Luck......you'll sell it for a good price.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
NBnext said:
......and Beetles are gender challenging for guys....
Bullcrap. Only if you have a short pee-pee. Some of the baddest and meanest Tdi's are Beetles.

I wish I could afford this car. Sounds very well kept and loved!

Good luck and try Autotrader and Craigslist. Or win a lottery and give it to me. :D

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
I have to say, although fairly secure in my masculinity, I was hesitant to drive this car (perhaps more for the color), but now that my Jetta's been sold, I drive this everyday, and I love it. It's a great car to drive, and if it was a little more conducive to a family of 2 adults, 2 dogs, and a baby, I would keep it sine it's such as hassle to find a TDI that you are confident has been well kept and cared for.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Bump for Baby - delivered 7/31/08 8 lb. 9 oz.

Car is still in our driveway, although since I sold the Jetta, it has close to 75k now.

Price drop to $13,000!

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
Congrats on the baby!

My favorite NB color, by the way...good luck on the sale.

Tim

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
nicklockard said:
Bullcrap. Only if you have a short pee-pee. Some of the baddest and meanest Tdi's are Beetles.

I wish I could afford this car. Sounds very well kept and loved!

Good luck and try Autotrader and Craigslist. Or win a lottery and give it to me. :D
ha ha....most people who see me and don't know me think I'm a tough guy...shaved head goatee.....but I drive a blue beetle!!!!....my friends call it a barbie car....but I laf all the way past the pumps!!!

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Bump for a new Dad. Congrats! Funnny how these cars have gotten the rap. Actually, for pure function, my Beetle is my favorite car to drive around town. It is just and easy car to get in & out of, the head room & visibility are excellent, etc. I also like the lack of muffler. Now to visit Jeff for a bit of a tune.

czar

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW; '03 Beetle GLS
Still for sale - haven't had time to sell with new job and baby. $10,800!