Search results

1. Coasty

Installed my rebuilt cylinder head and...

Yes, we'll see. So far, so good...
  2. Coasty

Battery Questions

Its about a year old, and on the trickle charge tonight. I'll take it out tomorrow and let it sit a good 24-48hrs, and see what the voltage is at.
  3. Coasty

Update: I ended up buying a used injector, took it apart, screwed the body into the nozzle retainer and slide hammered it out. It was really in there, and for a while I thought it may never come out, but after a lot of slamming it released. I'm sure this is why the last person left it in...
  4. Coasty

Battery Questions

I have a recurring problem with my battery. It passes a load test, and charges up to proper levels. However, if the car sits for a day or two without being driven, the battery discharges. I've checked for a draw and can't find anything significant .007A if I remember correctly. Cold weather...
  5. Coasty

WTB ALH Injector: Found one

Just got one, thank you!
  6. Coasty

Yes, I don't doubt Frank06 would have done a superior job. I was just trying to save a few bucks. Anyway, just wanted to share yet another speed bump in my journey to get this car back on the road.
  7. Coasty

I bought a used head from someone, as mine kaboomed after a timing belt event. I brought it to a local machine shop to have it done, and never noticed this sitting in the injector bore (person i bought it from took the injectors out, but left this little surprise). Machinist clearly didn't see...
  8. Coasty

WTB ALH Injector: Found one

Hi, looking for a single ALH injector, doesn't have to be working, I just need it to screw into a nozzle sleeve that is stuck in my freshly rebuilt cylinder head...
  9. Coasty

I can't believe i missed this, but the used head i had rebuilt has a nozzle sleeve stuck in it! I was putting the injectors back in when I noticed, ugh. Now I'm looking for a used injector body i can screw into this and hopefully slide hammer it out.
  10. 20201109_194129.jpg

20201109_194129.jpg

Nozzle sleeve stuck in rebuilt head
  11. Coasty

Used head Question

Still at the machine shop... Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  12. Coasty

FS Used Bosio DLC 520 Nozzles - Set of 4 ($210)

I didn't realize this was from 2019 when i did a search for nozzles... Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  13. Coasty

WTB Bosio PP520s

Anyone have a set just sitting around they want to get rid of? Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  14. Coasty

FS Used Bosio DLC 520 Nozzles - Set of 4 ($210)

PM sent Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  15. Coasty

Figured out why my timing belt broke

I appreciate that very much, but I just purchased one. Hopefully no rod damage for me! Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  16. Coasty

WTB ALH injector slide hammer tool

I PMd you. Definitely interested. Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  17. Coasty

Yes, definitely valve damage. I can see spider cracking on two lifters. Head is nearly off... Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  18. Coasty

Loiks like no. The crack is on the bottom, not in line with a damper bolt. Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  19. Coasty

WTB ALH injector slide hammer tool

Looking for a used one that fits the M14x1.5 threads Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk